Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there from the Netherlands!:big smile:

I always have loved the idea of having a turbo on the raptor but am a newby to the turbo world. I have done some homework but still..
i am considering it to be my next project for the upcoming winter.
now for the questions.
I have a N/A build . the following mods are done:

monster exhaust
stock crank.
105.5 cil. with 10:1 cp tech piston.
+2 +2 head with matched port for WK54mm
slc copper topend gasket
9mm arp studs
WK 54mm TB.
larger injector.
5050 cam.
dynatek ignition with dl curves.
pcv with autotune.
innovate af reader for tuning.
currently running around 80hp on pump gas.

Does a turbo system work with the current setup? (think i need to upgrade crank and put the stock cam back in.)
Is it possible to match it with the pcv or do i need to disconnect it and use the provided controller?
what average HP can be expected with this setup?

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance!

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hi there from the Netherlands!:big smile:

I always have loved the idea of having a turbo on the raptor but am a newby to the turbo world. I have done some homework but still..
i am considering it to be my next project for the upcoming winter.
now for the questions.
I have a N/A build . the following mods are done:

monster exhaust
stock crank.
105.5 cil. with 10:1 cp tech piston.
+2 +2 head with matched port for WK54mm
WK 54mm TB.
larger injector.
5050 cam.
dynatek ignition with dl curves.
pcv with autotune.
innovate af reader for tuning.
currently running around 80hp on pump gas.

Does a turbo system work with the current setup? (think i need to upgrade crank and put the stock cam back in.)
Is it possible to match it with the pcv or do i need to disconnect it and use the provided controller?
what average HP can be expected with this setup?

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance!

Robert
Hey Robert, You will need to put the stock cam back in , Would be best to install a thicker base gasket to drop the compression down abit . I would recommend running one of our fuel controllers , There already set up to be used with a turbo system.

The power gain depending on fuel can be 15-40% ...The turbo is a torque multiplier so even on pump gas the torque rise will me much greater and faster .;

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already made use of thick copper top end gasket. so i still need to ad thicker base gasket aswell?
isn't your fuel controller way off for my current setup or is it tuned easy to match it?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Your Piston should be dished if its a 10-1 static 105.5. Do you know the installed height of the piston and the thickness of the head gasket. It's best to know 100% where you are at.

I have many tunes as there is no problem there. I load base tune. A pc3 or 5 programmer is a good unit. But there tune is based off of RPM and throttle position only. even when you add a separate MAP sensor the range is still limited and has no idea how to compensate for load. I can offer a auto tune that runs in real time closed loop and still has the ability to tune on the fly all 100% self contained in the O2 gauge. The pc5 does not have the algorithm nor the memory to do that as a true closed loop does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts