Modded Raptors Forum banner

intake on the wifes warrior

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Holgrenader 
#1 ·
So the wife has been wanting more power for the old warrior so I was playing around with intake, filter and jetting as it was running a bit rich. I have been working on the brothers 400ex as well and doing a rejet and a velocity intake set up. Long story short took the 400ex velocity set up and installed it on the warrior( after ripping the old airbox out) and its is a whole new bike now.:thumb:

I did however take all the airbox off the 400ex and modified my old FCI to work on the 400ex but had to go BIG on the jetting.

If any one wants Pics let me know

#2 ·
I'm currently working on my dads warrior. It has a full fmf power bomb pipe and k&n with the airbox removed. Our stock warrior is just as fast with the same weight rider on it and the one with the intake and pipe backfires a bit at when letting off the throttle. We have no idea if it was jetted after the intake and pipe were installed because that's how he bought it. I know we're at completely different altitudes but do you have any recommendations on rejetting/ jet size? I would think a bike with a pipe and intake would be at least slightly faster. Sprockets are same size but the tires are 3 inches taller on the piped warrior.

#3 ·
stock jetting is a 138 with pipe alone it needs a 145 pipe and filter/no box 152-155 go 2.5-3 turns out on the mixture screw. The jet size listed is on mikuni jets if you use a dynojet kit it will need a 160. I have jetted the wife's 6 different times to get it dialed in. Let me know if this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.