Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my dealer says I need a new dyno tune everytime we transition from summer to winter and back.also in a 700 how do you check your oil?when I picked it back up today I rode a wheelie across their parking lot.....the dealer said wheelies will harm my crank?also will an fci with box and outer ware work in trails?and last how often do you change oil?gosh this is big thread so will someone be a big help:beerchug:Thanks guys,jonathan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Find an new dealer

Hey guys my dealer says I need a new dyno tune everytime we transition from summer to winter and back.also in a 700 how do you check your oil?when I picked it back up today I rode a wheelie across their parking lot.....the dealer said wheelies will harm my crank?also will an fci with box and outer ware work in trails?and last how often do you change oil?gosh this is big thread so will someone be a big help:beerchug:Thanks guys,jonathan

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
dealer is a retard......fci with box and outerwear is fin imo.....check oil at the dipstick read owners manual.....i have heard wheelies will starve your engine oil, i am sure some others can elaborate.........i change my oil every 3-4 rides

again this is me, i am sure others will say different!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
+1, your dealer doesnt know what he's talking about, or he just wants you to spend money. you dont need to re-dyno every season.

fci is ok. probably over kill

lots of rumors about wheelies staving the crank of oil. i dont know the correct answer. I dont ride wheelies.

I change my oil every 2 to 3 rides. Oil doesnt wear out, it gets dirty. dirty oil increases wear. I figure its good insurance to change oil often

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wheelie enough that I've considered taking my front wheels off. HAHAHA But the front end is skyward LOTs and I'm still on my first bottom end on my 07 with many many hours on it. Change oil every 6 days of riding + or -

And a sure fire way to tell if a sales man is lying. Watch for his lips to move. If they are moving, he is lying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is this the quad that was getting a new engine due to diesel fuel in the oil ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this the quad that was getting a new engine due to diesel fuel in the oil ?
Yes I picked it up last night right after closing and already put enough hours to get break in oil out and out my big three back on.

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
how do you get a brand new engine from yamaha for free because someone put diesel in the oil?

I will put diesel in mine too if thats all it takes :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do you get a brand new engine from yamaha for free because someone put diesel in the oil?

I will put diesel in mine too if thats all it takes :)
Well my insurance paid for it cause someone put diesel in my oil tank as a sabotage and police found them and they admitted to it......my insurance covers vandalism so they put a new engine on it because it harmed my other one

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well my insurance paid for it cause someone put diesel in my oil tank as a sabotage and police found them and they admitted to it......my insurance covers vandalism so they put a new engine on it because it harmed my other one
You must have one hell of a police department out there:thumb: they kill people out here and get no one, or see any thing..Some one puts Diesel in your quad not only do they catch them they fess up to it :eyebrow::coolshades::blahblah::lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you know your agent well, and have sufficient coverage you would be suprised what they can work out for you. I've seen a lot this type of stuff go on before.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sooooo.....what insurance policy is this that is sooooo amazing to cover all of this? What company is it through?
Well to be honest we have a small local company and the only reason they cover it is because my dad bangs my agent...........and she's a dumbass easily manipulated

·
Asshole
3,162 Posts
LMFAO BEST ANSWER EVER !!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMFAO BEST ANSWER EVER !!!! :beerchug:
Haha hell yeah.....maybe he can take her out to eat tonight and I can tell her I totaled my bike cause my plastic and wheelie bars screeched up?get a whole new bike.......or atleast new plastic haha:beerchug:

·
Registered
102 Posts
:eyebrow: Rappyboy55, you tell a damn good story. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:eyebrow: Rappyboy55, you tell a damn good story. :lol::lol::lol:
What u mean?I wasn't joking until we hit the maybe my dad can take her out to eat and get me a new plastic that was clearly a joke......the sabotage was legit

·
Registered
102 Posts
No offense intended....I'm just enjoying the story!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts