Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took off my front sprocket cover last night and noticed this 1/8 aluminum piece that was attached to the cover is this a stock item...? it doesnt look like it will fit with a 15t either... i took a pic to show what im talking about...sort of looks like a cheap case saver..? if it doesnt end fitting any suggestions on a case saver...i looked on ebay and didnt find anything...seems like a small investment to make to prevent alot of headache

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
The chain hit it when I put the 15T on. I removed it.

·
AZ's PIT CREW MEMBER
343 Posts
i got a pro design case saver on mine and fits with the 15t. modquad also make a case saver.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can use the stock one, but you have to modify it slightly by grinding off a little material on the frontside. You can do this in about 5-10 minutes with a die grinder and a file. Then you just use the extra hole to mount the top bolt. This is the cheap way!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im thinking of tracing out the stock one and making one out of tephlon...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
im thinking of tracing out the stock one and making one out of tephlon...
might not be a bad idea.. try it out and let us know how it turns out.. my buddy threw a chain the first day he bought his kfx 450 and cracked the case.. ever since then i have been parranoid about throwing a chain.. :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya im sitting here at working starring at a large piece of tephlon about a inch thick...im just gonna take a piece and trace out the stock piece and it should bolt on...ill probably have to use a dremel tool to make it...but its do-able..ill be doing thsi on wednesday as im off then and im still waiting for my 15t renthal to come in...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i guess that the whole idea...really never to try the "test" out ...lol could be ugly even with the saver...

·
Registered
358 Posts
thats all that mine is made out of is plastic. its a real thick plastic.. but its alot better then the shitty stock one.. i have the t.m. design i havn't had to put it o the test yet thank god..
The TM Design is a great case saver, probably better than any of the aluminum ones if you actually ever did throw a chain. That one and the other poly one (can't remember if it's UM products) are both good pieces.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys i finished making my tephlon case saver....im be taking some pics with it installed tomorrow after im done work ill keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
198 Posts
ya im sitting here at working starring at a large piece of tephlon about a inch thick...im just gonna take a piece and trace out the stock piece and it should bolt on...ill probably have to use a dremel tool to make it...but its do-able..ill be doing thsi on wednesday as im off then and im still waiting for my 15t renthal to come in...

By tephlon, do you mean UHMW? UHMW is generically called tephlon, but is very different. UHMW is very durable and would probably make a great casesaver.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By tephlon, do you mean UHMW? UHMW is generically called tephlon, but is very different. UHMW is very durable and would probably make a great casesaver.
yes thats exactly what it is....where i get it it comes in one inch thick board form...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts