Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great tire for the track and trails....and I mean the track and trails. If you do any riding on harder surfaces such as pavement or hard packed dirt I advise you to stay away from these tires. They wear EXTREMELY FAST on the above mentioned surfaces.

I also noticed right off the bat that the left rear tire is seriously out of round....It's not just a little bit out of round either....I don't see how this tire even passed I.T.P.'s quality control? Another thing I have noticed is that both rear tires do not want to stay locked on the lip of the rim as they should.....I noticed this after like 5 minutes of riding so I went to the nearest gas station and applied around 36 psi to each tire in order to get them to pop and seat again....

After I applied the 36 p.s.i. to each of them the left ("out of round") tire is finally good to go as far as the bead is concerned but my right tire which seems to be "round and true" is not staying beaded......:eyebrow: I just can't win with these....

I'm disgruntled......:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry u had such a bad experience with the tires..... mine turned out to be pretty good after all. You are right about the wearing down part...... but this is why they perform so well. Great performing tire. When you can get it seated.:wtf:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had trouble with an of round Holeshot HD. I finally replaced it. I love the soft rubber on the ITP tires, hook up well. I've heard the XCRs slide better than the HDs I currently run. I bought a set of rear Holeshot XCs but don't have them mounted yet. I'm hoping they slide better than the HDs, but still get excellent traction.

Too bad about yours. I don't know the percentage of ITP crap tires, but when you get a good set, they are very good.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have a set of XCR's....never had problems with them popping off the bead or anything...but they definitely wear VERY fast...and that's not even riding on harder surfaces....it's coal dirt... but then again I'm constantly spinning with 'em too...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have over two seasons of hard use on mine and they are still about half tread. That is with hard packed riding, three trips to some really really rocky places. I LOVE THESE TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never had one single probelm.

·
Registered
373 Posts
well the xcr's be good for baja kind of terrain cause im thinking of buying a pair to replace the razr 2

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've never been to the baja, but I think they are pretty decent for the rocky trail in Colorado, and Chadwick Mo.

·
Registered
941 Posts
for baja either get itp xct or the razr 2 in 22", i had xct, they are similar to xcr but taller right??? they lasted me a whole year but one wore out twice as fast as the other, i had to buy a replacement for one wheel

·
Registered
835 Posts
I liked the HD's but my one rear tire wore down alot faster than the other. I even rotated them from side to side but it just didn't matter I have one with maybe half tread and the other has like maybe quarter tread...they used to match...wierd.

Anyway I got the 21" ITP GNCC's now and that is one mean ass tire. It just chews up the ground. As some O the country boys out by me say "Grip and rip baby!" HAHAHA

I know it's an old post but thatnks Diggs lets me know to keep an eye on mtires and see how the wear and handle the abuse!

·
Registered
765 Posts
You'll have to keep us informed as to how they work this season. I went backwards in time/technology and bought a new set of Holeshot XCs. Just looking at the snow there makes me cold!

Where's your rear skid?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a set of xct's that wouldn't keep a bead no matter what. It was very irritating. I have found Kenda's to have the most consistent quality. Never had any problems with kenda.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I have been running Kenda's also for a long time now with no issues. I would like to run the American made ITP's but alot of guys I've ridden with have had some of the same problems mentioned above. I'm gonna stick with what works. The Kenda's are alot cheaper also.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've noticed some interesting reversals of technology with pros and thier ITP tire choices this season in GNCC racing.

Looking at the pictures, it seems that Angel Awell has run XCR rears and GNCC fronts for all of her victories this year.

Chris Bitchell has run Holeshot SR fronts and XCR rears every race this season on his Can-Am, and he's running good...for a Can-Am.

Wonder why top ITP sponsored pros choose to not use the latest and greatest from ITP(read GNCC)? Very interesting.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I need to point out that I finally got some new ones and I was reluctant to do so at first (thinking that this may happen again)but so far so good. My first set must have been a bad batch OR those Polarass guys suck at mounting tires. :lol: I had them mounted at a different shop this time. I've had these for a few months now and not one problem.....Hook up real nice.:thumb: I'll buy them again too....

·
Registered
720 Posts
I liked the HD's but my one rear tire wore down alot faster than the other. I even rotated them from side to side but it just didn't matter I have one with maybe half tread and the other has like maybe quarter tread...they used to match...wierd.
i have a set of hd's on mine and my left one is gone completely bald and the right tire has like 30% on it i hate it especially when you are doing wheelies it pulls hard to the right due the the tread on the 1 tire

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My H-D's wear like iron. They are not very "round" though. I have posi so they both wear evenly:lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol. i just tend to slide on that tire thats why it wore like that. but they still wore too fast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts