Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ill be jetting the raptor this weekend if my exhaust comes in friday.
im below 3000 feet. i have a hmf slip on, modsquad foam air filter and the lid will be removed. i was thinking 146/148 DJ mains and 3 turns out on the a/f screws. the kit calls for the needle to be on the 4th clip but i see alot of people on here running them on the 3rd? also what are the pilots? my DJ stage 2 kit didnt come with any pilots.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well like i said i have no idea what pilots even are lol. care to explain?

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
pilot jets control fuel air mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle. it is the big jet in the carb. if you ride in second gear and get it up in the rpms then release the throttle, if it back fires or pops it means your pilot circuit is lean and you can adjust the pilot screws out to the full turns from being tight then if that is not enough you need to replace the pilots with the next size up which i believe is a 25

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pilot jets control fuel air mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle. it is the big jet in the carb. if you ride in second gear and get it up in the rpms then release the throttle, if it back fires or pops it means your pilot circuit is lean and you can adjust the pilot screws out to the full turns from being tight then if that is not enough you need to replace the pilots with the next size up which i believe is a 25
how come my dyno jet kit didnt come with it? im starting to think i should of went with a different brand.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
nope dynojet is the best. you dont always need it. thats why i said to try it first. and you just get new pilots from the dealer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well exhaust didnt come in so i guess ill get it next week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts