Modded Raptors Forum banner

Just another project thread

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Cassell224 
#1 ·
What’s up guys, just registering to the forum. Figured I’d start a thread for my project Raptor I just picked up Thursday. This thing is a pretty big project, 07 700 or so the guy I bought it from says. Already has a full HMF exhaust, ITP SS wheels, and FMF programmer. But she’s locked up completely, right side a arms are bent, steering stem is bent, back tires are slick, and there’s no rear brake caliper. I’m sure there’s other stuff I haven’t seen yet but these are the issues I’m aware of... and oh yeah the spray painted plastics🤦‍♂️😩 but anyways my goal for this is completely put it back to stock what I can anyways and sell it for profit. So far I pulled the motor out today, gonna start tearing it apart tomorrow to diagnose the motor issue. My question number 1. How can I know this for sure is a 700? There’s no indicating numbers anywhere, I assume a vin lookup? Anyways, look forward to throwing pics of the progress! And I may have some questions along the way

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
Got the head off and what do you know, I found a problem first thing, I’ve messed with this jug about an hour and I can’t get it off. Any recommendations on how to get it off without cutting the piston arm?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Update, got the jug off. Take a look at this! And another question, you can see in the last pic where the discoloration is on the crank, the crank turns good and so does the piston rod, should I split the cases and replace the crank anyways?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.