Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed the oil in my wifes 350 that damn thing took almost 3 quarts... i cleaned it up real good. i took the S/A off of the pipe to see how it sounded and give it a test ride down the street. Just with the s/a off it seemed to wake the bike up a little i sat back on the seat and lifted the wheels in first:rockon: i did put it back on since i don't have any jets and airfilter can you ride with no s/a or will that be too much on the stock jets

·
Registered
263 Posts
when i had my 350..last summer i ran it without the sparky and with a K&N filter...it ran fine...you can run it like that for a little while and be fine...eventually you'll want to pick up a dynojet kit...there cheap ...but yes you can run your wifes bike without the sparky... thsi will make the bike run slightly leaner but you wont be running lean enough to do any damage...the 350 raptor doesnt respond to running lean like the 700 does... as for removing the sparky to add some performance...it doesnt do anything but make more noise...remember...if your expecting to let more exhaust out of the pipe you also have to be taking more air in through your intake...alright? hope that helps you carter...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seemed to respond to the gas a bit better

·
Registered
263 Posts
i know when i removed mine...it seemed like it was a bit more peppy because of the sound.... but on the performance side it didnt really pull any harder than with it in....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts