Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have been reading over many of the forums and figured maybe someone could help. I just bought an 08 raptor 700 se and I have already done some of the cosmetics to it i.e. pro taper bars, asv levers. but now I am looking at exhaust and sprokets. I want a deep sound but only have the money for a slip on. any suggestions? Also I do a lot of riding at the beach so tips on what parts would help would be awesome!

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
Really you should get a efi controller before doing any motor mods. Also you could just get the Phoenix Performance Exhaust Insert (under $40 shipped ebay) untill you can afford a full system.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
paddles will be very helpfull in the sand. i personaly love anything made by skat trak

·
Registered
358 Posts
+1, save your pennies until you can afford a full system, that is honsetly the best way to go. Get the fuel controller, pull your airbox lid, and put the Phoenix insert in the stock can. A slip on is a waste of money since you will do it again later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks so much I think I will take the majority vote and save a few dollars and cents and buy the whole get up!! thanks a million guys.

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
for the meantime u can pull off your air box lid with no other mods needed for a good gain in power.....
I would not even do that till you have a controller. They come lean from the factory to past Emissions and letting more air in would just make it more lean , also cold temps will lean you out more. This just my Opinion.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
my own personal results......these bikes DO NOT run lean from the factory....just a myth.......depends on what u call lean.....

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Would love to see the same run at say 10 degrees out and you are near sea level out there right DL? Yes i know the efi should take attitude in and adjust its self.
im at about 4k ft.....just saying in my neck of the woods its fine to run without......any additional mods needs the pc3

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 2 guys I ride with that both have 06's with bolt on pipes and a stock intake and no controller and have had no problems.

·
Registered
253 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts