Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That is my "slow turd" that Langford is referring to and it was also my first ride at the dunes with my new 730 build. I was very happy with it. The thing you guys have to keep in mind is the TOTAL spent on the power. I have less into my quad including the motor build than what a new (or maybe even used) Raptor 700r costs.

I ride with a friend that has an '09 Raptor 700 with bolt-ons and I will admit, in the trails I can't keep up with him because my quad isn't as nimble and has a longer wheelbase. On the other hand, in a straight line race, I would beat him. His mods are pretty much the same as Langford's. I ride trails occasionally but prefer dunes and drag racing and I am very happy with my KX730 for that. Liking the CVT auto tranny has nothing to do with not knowing how to shift well or being too lazy to shift. I had both a Banshee & a DS650 before my 1st KFX and now I have two.

Here's a couple of short drag race vids of my KFX from a few weeks ago.

YouTube - Kevin's KFX730 vs Banshee vs Banshee vs YFZ 2

YouTube - Kevin's KFX730 vs Banshee vs Banshee vs YFZ 1
That is a nice looking KFX you have. I was on the blue raptor with the metal mulisha graphics this weekend. I just have a stock swinger and sand stars and was getting blasted out of the hole by you and the red one. I could keep up after that, but couldn't run you down on that length of "track":lol: You 2 were the only 4 strokes I couldn't walk when I was out there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There were a couple dirt bikes I couldn't touch either, hell one of them smoked me riding a wheelie!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts