Modded Raptors Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have raced against many other quads and bikes, my 700 is stock, have lost only to a friends banshee, another raptor and a crf 450, we drag race in the street, sometimes in dirt, maybe im not the quickest, but i have good skills, and that makes a difference too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im too lazy to watch the vid but if its metalaliens bike, on the first or second run it tried to shit the crank right out the bootom of the case's

Those were the original cases. My bike is an 04. That's over 5 years of hard living, 3 years with the supercharger. We split the engine in half and it would still start and ride.

Let's hear of a Raptor doing that. :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
welp looks like we heard of a Raptor doing that......theres goes that snyde remark....

A KFX could make all the horsepower in the world and I still wouldnt trade my rappy for one

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
welp looks like we heard of a Raptor doing that......theres goes that snyde remark....

A KFX could make all the horsepower in the world and I still wouldnt trade my rappy for one

A KFX could make all the HP in the world but in the end it's still a turd of a quad.

·
Registered
6 Posts

No you didn't. That KFX motor took years to finally break. You got another Raptor running 15-22 of boost and high compression for 3 years without breaking something major?

Raptor is a fine bike. But it is not built like a tank. Our bikes are. I ran stock rods at 22psi with 10 to 1 compression for a year...LOL The Cam ams are built even stronger than ours.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I got a buddy with alot of money. He had a kfx that he put a big bore, intake, exhaust, carbs, and a big ole shot of nitrous on it. It ran a best of 5.0's on a 300 ft track. My raptor runs 4.0's. He sold the kfx as soon as I passed him. I really liked his kfx, not the fastest thing in the world but a lot of fun to ride. I actually tried to buy his kfx for my wife. I will stick with the raptor for now, but anything is possible. Just when you think you have the fastest thing in the world, someone comes along and pops your bubble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely. We haven't won FSWs so that says right there we more work to do.

The first comment made it sound like my bike was fragile or something and I was just pointing out it has taken more abuse for longer than any of the bikes I race against.

Definitely not the fastest, but the loudest and ugliest for sure. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I raced a 730 kfx this past weekend, and he spanked me. I would get the hole shot, but he would blow by me when I was at the top of third. I gained some respect for these things after that. I'm going back to the dunes on may 8th, and there will be a group of kfx riders out there, one is a big bore (800 something cc's) with nitrous that makes over 100hp to the wheels, I'm really looking forward to seeing it run.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Absolutely. We haven't won FSWs so that says right there we more work to do.

The first comment made it sound like my bike was fragile or something and I was just pointing out it has taken more abuse for longer than any of the bikes I race against.

Definitely not the fastest, but the loudest and ugliest for sure. :)
I cant argue the loud and ugly part!:lol: Hey that thing is unique as all hell! :beerchug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks guys, I wish it wasn't so unique. Be really awesome if there were more supercharged bikes out there. We could start a club. :banana:

·
Banned
248 Posts
metalalien we need more vids on youtube, i can't get enough of that quad, definitely one bad ass machine right there

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes it is!!!

I've rode it, what an animal, well until it blew it guts out LOL

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No you didn't. That KFX motor took years to finally break. You got another Raptor running 15-22 of boost and high compression for 3 years without breaking something major?

Raptor is a fine bike. But it is not built like a tank. Our bikes are. I ran stock rods at 22psi with 10 to 1 compression for a year...LOL The Cam ams are built even stronger than ours.
Well the KFX is built like a tank in more ways than one.....:lol:
I personally think they are in two different categories. IMO the Raptor is a true Race/trail hybrid sport quad. Where the KFX is more of a sporty utility quad with its size weight and auto tranny. More along the lines of maybe the Renegade category.

Don't get me wrong man....your bike is an animal in its own right...I have seen several vids of it running and it is surely a beast...and sounds cool to boot.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well the KFX is built like a tank in more ways than one.....:lol:
I personally think they are in two different categories. IMO the Raptor is a true Race/trail hybrid sport quad. Where the KFX is more of a sporty utility quad with its size weight and auto tranny. More along the lines of maybe the Renegade category.

Don't get me wrong man....your bike is an animal in its own right...I have seen several vids of it running and it is surely a beast...and sounds cool to boot.

+1:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion the CVT transmission is both a plus and minus for hill racing. I've won a lot of races because of how the CVT works. People get hung up on that word "automatic" and don't bother to understand how a CVT works.

A CVT is not like a cars auto tranny. A CVT (if set up right) will keep your motor at the RPM that makes the most horsepower. That is why my motor has that continuous drone all the way up the hill.

On a clutch bike the RPMs go up and down. So if your motor makes the most HP at 9000 rpm you are only at 9000 RPM for a moment before you have to shift again and the RPMS drop.

With a CVT, your engine goes to 9000RPM and stays there all the way up the hill if you have it clutched right.

The downside, I can't drop the clutch like you guys do. I can't rev the bike up to 6 grand or whatever and drop the hammer at the green light. What that means is my bike does a lot of wheelies off the line. I need a super long swingarm but honestly just fitting the bike in my truck with the +10 is a challenge.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts