Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying some riding boots. The problem is I have never bought any prior to this or even worn any "riding gear" for that matter (always wore my work boots and beat up clothes to ride) and I'm wondering if the sizes are determined just like regular tennis shoes are? I'm a size 12 in a shoe so I guess I'd need a size 12 riding boot then right? Sorry for the dumb question but I plan on buying from E-bay because I don't want to spend a ton at the stealership and I don't have the time to go out and shop for them elsewhere. I just don't want to get the wrong size.....

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
yes

Some dealers have them you are more likely to be able to try on full mx boots as not many stock the mini"50/50"boots.But being on the raptor i run full boots and recommend them.The wife has 50/50 boots but the griz has full floorboards and she does not drive crazy :eek: .The sizes are close i went with a 14's, i wear 13's normally just wanted the room to wear extra socks in winter.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate going to stealerships period......Anyway, thanks for the answers fellas.Probably full boot for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i also gota tell you, you get what you pay for when it coes to boots. i noticed a HUGE difference in my thor boots to my alpinestar tech 8s.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
u need to try on the exact boots u will buy, or u may be very unhappy with your purchase:cunfuz:......remember to buy thick,extra long riding socks too and try your boots on with them to get the right fit.......:banghead:

and dont complain if u cant shift good for a while until u brake them in........unless u buy the expensive ones

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think about the Tech 3's? RM has them for like $159.00. Decent deal and comfort or what?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
step it up to the 8s or 10s. ull be much happier and have them much longer

I just can't see givin 400 bones for boots when I can put that into a cam and ignition:D Although I do believe you get what you pay for. I just can't bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm only gonna say this once. BUY GOOD BOOTS!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
will a tech 10 really prevent a broken ankle over a tech 3? or is the tech 10 just way more confortable?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i have broke my ankle also with boots on. it was a pretty crazy crash though. but what i whould like 2 know is does a more expencive boot protect better?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got some Sidi boots. Way more support than the cheap oneals I was wearing when I broke my ankle. I'm not saying better boots will totally prevent injury, but I wish I was wearing my Sidis instead of the oneals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the higher techs have much more protection and stronger/better materials. and very comfy. and my tech 8s are water broof, ive gone threw river crossings and my feet were supper dry

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn i bet that hert bad. It looks like u have 7 screws?

That S.O.B. hurt like a S.O.B.:D In all seriousness it took about 3 minutes for the pain to start really reaching it's peak. At first I didn't even know it was broken until someone else told me my skin was punctured.

Some FYI for our future bone breakers out there......Tell them to give you percocet for pain. It was honestly the unprecedented winner for pain medication between others such as morphine/dilaudid.....I always had pain while the DR's were giving me morphine/dilaudid only.....However, the pain was gone 15 min. after they gave me "2" 5mg percocets. I was amazed because they kept telling me that morphine and dilaudid was so good and highly potent stuff. It just didn't work for me though. Take that FWIW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also consider where you ride. Do you ride in a wet area? This could have some influence on what you buy. I ride in the desert and the only water I get on mine is if I do not pee far enough. I would rather see a rider get cheaper full boots than 50-50 boots for a raptor. Get the best you can afford and do not hate them while you are being broke in by them!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts