Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the 31 mile Sandstone Trail today and man what a great ride. Up, down, around, through the Loblolly Pine forests of central Louisiana. Big fun.

From I-49, exit the Natchitoches exit, head west on La 6 toward Many. Turn south on La 117. It's maybe 23 miles to the Kisatchie Ranger District ranger station, turn left there onto Longleaf Scenic Byway. Pull into Lotus Camp, park, pay and ride. I drove down from Shreveport and it took me about an hour and a half.

Trail traffic was light today, probably because of the heat; Louisiana heat can get quite opressive. I was never really hot on the trail, It was mostly shaded and as long as you kept moving the breeze kept me comfortable.

I rode it with my wife and she's sorta slow, took us about 4 and a half hours to go the whole trail. The trail is a loop; just keep riding and you'll get back to where you started, it's just gonna take a while.

The use fee is $5 per rider; pay is the honor system at typical Forest Service drop boxes.

Enjoy the ride,
Chris

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know this thread's old, but I'd like to visit this place with ya sometime. I have always been scared to get lost down there alone. I camped at kisatchie once, but I was with a 20+ group.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have ridin every trail out there , its fun but does beat you to death , went to silcily island atv park yesterday , $30.00 and it was a serious rip off , btw I live in Lafayette

·
Registered
367 Posts
337 What was so bad about sicily island? He had antoher park that was bad ass with sand a drag strip and everything.... it is shut down now as you probally know. He is only left with the place you went to thats mainly for rock crawling jeeps and such. I havent been just cause of that but id like to try it when he gets it more quad friendly since its only 20 minutes away lol. How was the riding?

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was ok , but honestly as of right now its not suited for quads , and I just dont think it ever will be . But I also have a jeep wrangler 4 door but im not bringing it out there , it cost me way to much money . There was 1 nice area , river bottom with sand , but then again it akes you less than 5 minutes to ride it

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd like to visit Kisatchie this weekend. Anybody wanna go?

·
Registered
311 Posts
bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts