Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have YFZ front shocks and I just bought Alba Pro Elite A-Arms. Well I ran into the same problem that you get with stock A-Arms. The lower arm bolt hole is to low to mount the YFZ shocks. I'm pissed :banghead:!!! I don't want to really mess with the brand new A-Arms. I guess I should sell the YFZ shocks and deal with it then.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Is it possible to shave the bottom of the shock rather than mess with your new A-Arms?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about that to. I need to show it to my buddy that is a machinist. I don't need much removed. Maybe about 1/4 of the outer shell.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone one done that?

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
i think .250 is way to much to take off. i think the shock will fail. i would call up alba and explain the situation and they might say send em back and they could fix it for you, never know till you try. other than that just hack and wack at it touch up the bare metal with some paint and call it good.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1/4 of the material. not 1/4 inch

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I gave them to my buddy. He think he only needs to take .020-.030 off. I hope he did it today. I'll call him tomorrow and see..

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
just so you know you will need extra clearance because the shocks are rubber mounted so they will move. i would just nicely cut out the bottom under the shock

·
Registered
32 Posts
if you decide to sell them pm me, im looking for a set of shocks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If alba will give you a refund, give me a call. Those shocks will bolt up to JD Performance arms.

dave
JD Performance
951-676-7957

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I would have liked to get your JD Performance arms. But with my buddies discount from Alba I got them for almost half off.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update

Well my buddy milled .040 off all the way around the shock bases. Looks really clean. I mounted it all up tonight and it site alittle low in the front now. I'll have to play with that this weekend. The only problem we ran into is there braided brake lines I have were not tight. The three way connection was lose and we couldn't bleed the brakes until I found that. :banghead:

·
Registered
652 Posts
do you have any pics of this? id like to see just how low it sits....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts