Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news guys, over night of July 4th my garage and about half of my house burned...electrical short in the garage started it. I have good insurance and the house and contents are covered, however I never did get my quads insured. Inside the garage was my Raptor, a DVX400, LTZ90 and an Xtreme Typhoon, all race prepped. The fire put a drastic and sudden stop to our racing season. My daughters are heartbroken, as am I. Oh well, the whole family got out and everyone is fine. Now we are fighting through the insurance nightmare. I may laugh about this in a year or two, but right now it's just a major pain in the ass.

Just wanted you guys to know, I won't be around too often, MR is blocked at work and my computers are burned up. I came over to a buddies house for a little internet mental therapy after talking to adjusters and contractors all day.

·
MOMMA'S BOY
1,904 Posts
damn man that sucks... sorry to hear

goes to show you that Accidents do happen and its worth the extra money to have your toys insured...... ill be putting both my bikes on my insurance this week

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thats terrible! Stay Strong and try to enjoy the little things like your family through all this....Best of Luck on rebuilding and recovery!

·
Registered
941 Posts
That is a terrible situation man! At the end of the day all those toys are replaceable where as you and your family are NOT. Thankfully all of your family are safe!! I wish you luck and hope you get back on your feet as soon as possible

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sorry to hear about that chris, glad you and you family are ok, hope all goes smooth as possible.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow. Im really sorry to hear about this! At least you and your family are all ok.

Let us know if we can do anything and of course what your quad situation starts turning into.. I know that you were considering moving to a TRX, so maybe this is your chance to do that

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
this is bad news that i hate hearing, weve had a lot of fires in our area due to the dry spell weve ben having along with all the 100+ degree days....sorry to hear this

·
Registered
311 Posts
Was this on Sage hill? If so, I live close to the West end of Southern Loop. I'm sorry for your losses, and if there's anything I can do, please feel free to call me. I have a 350 that your girls can borrow anytime!

·
Asshole
3,162 Posts
Shit man, I'm really sorry to hear this. We're still working through getting back on our feet after our house burned down at the end of May. It's a rough time, and surprisingly almost invasive feeling. Best of luck to you guys, very happy to hear no one was hurt though !!!!

The Rappy AND the Typhoon ?! :banghead: Ain't THAT a bitch !?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Wow Chris ! Sorry to hear about this ! I hope you get through it just fine and like said above, you have your family, which is the most important ! Keep your head up and get the house taken care of.

·
Registered
311 Posts
PROPERTY NOT COVERED

Motor vehicles or all other land conveyance nor vehicles or conveyances NOT subject to motor vehicle registration, UNLESS used to service the Insured's Residence or assisting a handicapped person.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What's covered/not covered will depend on the individual policy. :duh:
Yeah....It's very likely that if you don't know what your policy covers, it doesn't cover non-registered motor vehicles. :nutkick:

·
Registered
168 Posts
What's covered/not covered will depend on the individual policy. :duh:
Very true but I have personally never seen one that covered ATV's, all homeowners/renters policies I have seen did not cover ATV's, trailers, etc. Not saying there aren't any, just never seen one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
well the fact that you and your family got out ok. thats all that matters. the rest is all replacable. good luck with everything and hope that you can get back in before too long.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys, I really appreciate it. The quads are not covered, oh well, I'm happy the family is safe and secure. I'm trying not to be selfish and mourn for my loss of tools, parts and quads, but it's a little difficult. The fire took most all of my recreation activities for myself and my family, don't really know what to do with myself now. I weeded through contractors and hired one I thought I could work with, he's a little young, but a really hard-charger so I think he'll work out well. I prescribed myself some therapy the other night. I went to Sears and spent a couple hours looking at tool chests, work benches, and tools. The insurance company is being quite generous with the money for my garage work shop, I should be able to outfit it better than before, at least that is when the house gets rebuilt. The damage to the house neccesitates a complete stripping of the inside down to studs, everything gets replaced. I'm even changing the floor plan a little while we're at it, and my wife wants changes in the kitchen and since everything's getting replaced, what-the-hell.

I'll keep ya'll posted on progress on the house. My wife, bless-her-soul, knows how important quad racing is to me, offered to let me buy a new quad before the summer break is up so I can start racing again in September. Don't know if I will or not, seems selfish, but I just might need the release by then.

Thanks again to everyone, Chris

1 - 20 of 42 Posts