Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to sell my fully loaded '06 Raptor 700 so I can start another build. Here is a list of extras:

Barker exhaust
Ported head
Kibblewhite valves & springs
12.5:1 JE piston
KDS Racing TB 2mm.
Megacycle X-2 cam
Dyna fuel controller
Dyna ignition
4'' Intake
Houser LT 2.5'' A-arms
Motowoz fully adjustable LT shocks ( Sweet )
TCS revalved rear shock
RPM axle
Durablue Honda bolt pattern hubs
Gold chain w/ 40 tooth rear sprocket
SST brake lines
4+1 Douglas front wheels
21x12x8 Glider paddles on .125 wheels

Motor runs very strong for a stock bore & stroke and put down 60 HP on KBR's Dyno before the X-2 cam and ignition were installed. The suspension is very plush and valved for a 205lb.-225lb. rider. Dune ridden only and extremely clean. Picture shows a chrome bumper & Flexx bars which do not come with the quad. Most aftermarket parts have very low hours. Located in Utah

Sell for $8500

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Just a suggestion.. I see many Raptors for sale and yours is one of the cleanest but you will not get that for it. Best bet is to stick all the stock parts back on it and sell all the aftermarket parts seperate. Thats the only way you will get a number closer to what you are asking. Just trying to be constructive.. :thumb:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.......... Just testing the waters is all. I'll keep riding and enjoying it right now. I have modded and sold over 20 quads over the past 8 or so years, so this is nothing new to me. Yes, you are right, the best thing to do is to part out the aftermarket items, no question. I'm not tearing it down right now as it's still being ridden. My brother get's first dibs on all the aftermarket items as he just purchased a Raptor. I'm looking to get a KTM525 or 450 as I like the handling much better.

No $8500 isn't cheap, but there is no way in hell you can get an '09 with these mods in my area. New '09's are selling for full price here and the dealers aren't budging. In other parts of the country I'm sure prices are different, but not out West. Dealers are only discounting the '08's a couple $100 bucks. You'd be hard pressed to get one for under $7000 OTD here.

·
Registered
812 Posts
lol yeah i didn't say an 09 with all your mods.. said a 09 with some mods. pretty hard to get your $ back after putting all the mods into it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yeah i didn't say an 09 with all your mods.. said a 09 with some mods. pretty hard to get your $ back after putting all the mods into it.
Very true......... Right now it's not getting ridden because our dune season is over till Fall. I still like the quad and it runs strong. If it sells great, if not no big deal :thumb:. I just might add a KTM to the stable anyway :rockon:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those KTM's are impressive. With my mods (and my fat ass for a handicap), the 525 with only a slip-on and gearing change was hanging right with me up Choke and Thunder Mountain. We could line up right at the base of Choke and race to the top, whoever got the holeshot would win. Have you been able to get much seat time on one yet Buddah?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those KTM's are impressive. With my mods (and my fat ass for a handicap), the 525 with only a slip-on and gearing change was hanging right with me up Choke and Thunder Mountain. We could line up right at the base of Choke and race to the top, whoever got the holeshot would win. Have you been able to get much seat time on one yet Buddah?
I haven't had much seat time at all on a KTM. I have ridden my buddies built 450R and the handling is what sold me. I had a nicely built YFZ450 when they first came out and I can remember how it handled. I don't want a Japanese 450 at this time, just something a little different. My 700 runs strong with my mods, but my buddies 450R still beats it on the hill. Like I said, not real desperate to sell as I still enjoy the quad :thumb:

Thatguy, that is a great buy. Here you would fork out an additional
$400-$500 for the same machine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah buddah, i hate to admit it but i'm thinking about selling my raptor and gettin a new ktm. the ktm's are pretty impressive, not to mention my dad's friend owns the dealership and can get me a great deal!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sick bike man where did you get the megacycle cam and the valves
Got the cam from KBR in Utah & the valves from my buddy who works at a local dealership

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice do you run race fuel with that compression piston because i heard with the 12.5.1 you need to run race gas and i also heard you can run pump and how do you like that suspension

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice do you run race fuel with that compression piston because i heard with the 12.5.1 you need to run race gas and i also heard you can run pump and how do you like that suspension
It all depends on the altitude. I ride at 4500ft. so I don't need to run race gas. Your location is probably close to sea level and it will require half & half.

I'm very pleased with the suspension. The shocks were set up perfect for my weight and riding style :rockon:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts