Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on a hmf slipon on with s/o, prodesign intake with foam filter, and the hmf optimizer on last night.when i first start it,it starts than dies,start it back up it runs fine,when I rev it up a little bit when the rpm's come back down it gets so low it all most shuts off than idels(sp)back to normal.I took it for a ride today and when I pulled in the clutch to stop it quit but started right back up,is this stuff normal? the optimizer came setup for the stuff I got.and when I got done lastnight putting the stuff on when I first fired her up it blew some black smoke out the exaust,only the first start with the mods on.didnt do that again, thanks o ya and the lids removed to. Im very new to the whole FI thing and I dont wanna wreck anything. thanks for any info.:thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing I noticed is,when I go to start it when its cold it will fire up than die,the 2nd time I start it it stays running.this only happens when it sits for a few fours.

·
Registered
205 Posts
have you checked the color of the plug? check it and see wheat its doing. if the plug is black i think you rich at idle and its not burning all the fuel which is choking it out at idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts