Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a newb question but what is the reason for Lt suspension? I saw the group buy for jd performance Im interested but not sure which way to go. what else will i need to buy?

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
I am willing to bet if you dont race you really dont need LT arms/shocks. They do provide a longer stroke and more travel but the cost to upgrade is quite a bit more then the standard travel setups. In my case I got the standard travel arms +2 width from JD and am going to use my stock shocks with them until I get the money to upgrade. If you get LT arms you will have to buy $1200 shocks right away because your stock shocks will not work with them. If your stock shocks are blown then I would still go with the standard arms and pick up a set of 07-09 Raptor SE shocks for $300 and they would work fine for the recreational rider..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
the cost for lt for me was only like 150 bucks more than std travel thats why im going lt.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. So if I change shocks motowoz are the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
They are hand built by one guy instead of an assembly line. They are top quality shocks..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
imo yes motowoz are the way 2 go. i find they are top notch with a non top notch price. i was looking at simular custom axis and they were a ton more $

·
Registered
169 Posts
Motowoz are really quality, and what's more, Jim's customer service is even better.

The external crossover adjustment is soooooo nice. It probably took me less than 10 minutes to adjust mine this morning.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts