Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought i should put this in the riding section but there wasnt a spot and its not telling about any spots that i know of! I live in mankato minnesota and im wondering if anybody knows of any decent little tracks anywhere in minnesota? I dont want a super tiny track with like all ten footers but also not something with all HUGE jumps!! I know about Tri-county in Fairbault but nothing else other than some little 10 to some 25 foot tabletops but there not really set up like a track? Or anything around minnesota like western WI or SD or IA im just looking for some fun within about 6 hours

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought i should put this in the riding section but there wasnt a spot and its not telling about any spots that i know of! I live in mankato minnesota and im wondering if anybody knows of any decent little tracks anywhere in minnesota? I dont want a super tiny track with like all ten footers but also not something with all HUGE jumps!! I know about Tri-county in Fairbault but nothing else other than some little 10 to some 25 foot tabletops but there not really set up like a track? Or anything around minnesota like western WI or SD or IA im just looking for some fun within about 6 hours
About time someone from Minn gets on here. what up man Im in Winona!!!!!

AS far as ridding spots there are a couple around here Im thinking of heading up to Wheeler Wisconsin this weekend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the track like in Wheeler i was actually just watching a video on youtube of it? Im not very experienced with jumping i have jumped and im not afraid to jump its just gets my adrenalin going pretty good when its my first time with some decent sized jumps but i love it! Are the jumps pretty big at wheeler? The biggest jump i have ever jumped is probably only about 35 feet or so but i have never had a chance to jump anything bigger! Do you ever go to Tri-County in Fairbault?

·
Registered
178 Posts
The track in wheeler is nice cause it also has the XC track right next to it. The MX track is nice, but sandy. Best time to ride there is after a good rain. Where in Fairb. is that? never heard of the place.
The track MIDWAY is nice and there are a couple around the Winona/Wabasha area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could anybody tell me what wheeler is like? Is there many crazy doubles or are they mostly moderate and within twenty to thirty feet and are there some decent sized table tops? Also is it usually busy there every day of the week and are quads allowed there everyday?
Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could anybody tell me what wheeler is like? Is there many crazy doubles or are they mostly moderate and within twenty to thirty feet and are there some decent sized table tops? Also is it usually busy there every day of the week and are quads allowed there everyday?
Thanks!
There are a couple Table tops. doubles are 30 to 40 feet. Track is never busy. 25 to ride and its fun you have your chocie between 3 tracks so. check out the web site.

http://www.wheelermx.com/

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at the web site! What type of landing do the doubles have do they have kind of a big rolling type landing or are they something that you will eat shit pretty bad if you come up a little short? Is there even weekends when its not busy?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Landing are are rolling so if you come up short you will be ok. As far as being busy its not really that busy I was there 2weeks ago and it was just me and a bunch of buddies.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you need to get any sort of sticker or liscense since its in wisconsin and im from minnesota and have never ridden in wisconsin before? Also is there any restrictions on spark arrestors or no?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you need to get any sort of sticker or liscense since its in wisconsin and im from minnesota and have never ridden in wisconsin before? Also is there any restrictions on spark arrestors or no?
Nope its private land so no need to worry about any of that stuff, plus the track is out in the bum fuck nowhere. So if you have never been there before you wont even know where is at cause there is no sign.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok thanks i think im going to plan a trip there soon do you know when the track closes for the year?
I don't have a clue. Im sure around hunting season starts?:thumb:

Do you guys want a Minnesota area? I have no problem putting one up.. :thumb:
If you want to that would be cool, But sivart and I are the only ones from Minnesota that I know of. So sure put up a Minnesota that would be sweet:rockon::hyper:

·
Administrator
5,644 Posts
Area has been created and this thread moved to it.. You never know when a new Minnesota person might join looking for places to ride, post up your places.. :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are the jumps pretty fast jumps like do you have to hit them like third gear or higher or do you hit any of them in second im basically stock so i dont have an over abundance of speed in each gear?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was between 3rd and 4th, but that was because it was so dry couldn't get tracktion. The motor mods you have done is all I have done. I just have a PCIII GYT-R intake and Filter and bafle out of my Exhaust.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts