Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 raptor 250 stock, and i want to get into racing. I already found the class that i would be in. but i dont kno what mods i would need. if i race my 250 stock im afraid that i would be in last place eating the dust. so any suggestions would help alot..
thanks much

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
haha i will wait to get an r1 motor for when i get a 700r for a showbike. im going to be getting a yfz450r soon so i can race in a higher class. but thats going to be awhile so i have to stick with the 250

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i heard the steering stabalizer makes a big difference. i will definately need one cuz when im in the woods riding trail everytime i hit a rock the handlebars jerk.

im going to be racing in the schoolboy class since im only 14 and have a 250

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think you'll need a kill switch, nerf bars, handguards, skidplates, front bumper if you plan on running into things :lol:
I have Flexx bars & a Precision steering stabilizer to help reduce rider fatigue.
ASV levers are a great addittion as well.
After you spend a bunch of money your tires will be shot & you'll drop another $275

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not overly expensive to start racing since you only need kill switch & nerf bars to race. All that other stuff is nice but not needed :lol:
Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if thats all i need then i could start racing soon. but ill just have to be extra careful which is hard to do since im going to be riding fast in the trails. lol and ill probly be eating ppls dust but oh well. gotta start somewhere!!:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
raptor 250 stock to race ready!

My son raced his here in pa for 3 months with just nerf's, plates(#), and a tether switch. He held his own. Dont be scared about the power it's respectable stock. The suspension is more important than the motor work for starters. We have added lonestar a- arm's, swing arm, and elka shocks, what a difference, but thats about a 5g investment! Dont be scared stock dude! if you can ride you'll be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!! period!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts