Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adjusted my preload and I was only able to get it to 44% sag in the rear and 15% in the front, I am a fat-ass at 270lbs prolly 280 with gear and I had to crank the pre-load all the way stiff in the rear and all the way soft in the front. I rode it and it feels like a WHEELIE MACHINE:banana: Is this correct? Did I put too much preload in the rear spring. I know I need a stiffer spring and a re-valve but this is what I had to do for now. The quad feels 100% different now. Before the thing would just squat and hardly wheelie at all without some major coaxing from me, now it does it no problem-o :wtf: is this the way it should be?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Becareful if you decide to take even the smallest jumps, you will bottom out badly.

-Johnny
I will bottom out if my Preload is all the way stiff?? I thought if the preload is stiff that it wouldn't bottom out. I can see how the front might bottom out because I have it all the way loose.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should of clarified, yes the front will bottom out badly and you could get bucked up/forward.

-Johnny
Well I'll bring my tool next time I ride. So does this mean I need a softer spring in the front and a stiffer spring in the back because my preload is max out? Seems like I should be able to get the preload on the front because my fat ass isn't hanging over the front, Yet I cant get enough sag...:eyebrow:

Oh ya And I think I didn't check my sag in the front the correct way..:blahblah:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I was checking front sag wrong. I was now able to get free sag and rider sag perfect in the front.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I'm not looking to wheelie I was just noticing that the front was coming up a LOT easier.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rode it today with the proper (almost) preload. Man what a difference! It didn't beat the crap otta me so much. I was always hearing a weird noise going over fast whoops, well it was my suspension bottoming out! Now I need to work on compression and rebound!:rockon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts