Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 08SE w/ Sparks full exhaust, pro-intake w/ K&N and pcIII. Problem is when started it idles fine but if you give it any gas it coughs and dies. Ran fine two days ago. All I have done in the past 2 days is install a +3 swingarm and replaced all of the plastics. Made sure filter was cleaned and reoiled, and put a new spark plug in also. Put the pcIII in a spot where I thought maybe some of the buttons got pushed. So I put in a diffrent map and it still does the same thing. Reloaded the original map and still the same. The map in it now is the fuel moto for a Sparks exhaust. Any help would be very much appreciated. I cannot understand what has happened!!:wtf:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have heard a few people have various problems after cleaning their air filter. One guy over oiled their filter and the oil got into the intake causing probs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes letting it warm up. Just messed with it some more. Sitting still in neutral it runs fine. As soon as you put it under load it starts to cough and sputter and then dies!! I can use all the throttle I want in neutral, but as soon as in gear under load it starts!!:banghead:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yes letting it warm up. Just messed with it some more. Sitting still in neutral it runs fine. As soon as you put it under load it starts to cough and sputter and then dies!! I can use all the throttle I want in neutral, but as soon as in gear under load it starts!!:banghead:
I bet your filter is over oiled causing your engine to run rich flodding your engine and killing spark. I would take off the air filter clean it again, DON'T oil it then warm it up and ride it briefly. If it isn't better then al least you ruled that out.

Always remember K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and look for the small obvious things first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts