Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I buy a 700r 2012 five days ago. At the moment the bike was working fine but after some rides the quad start to fail.

I can start without problems but after 30sec the motor power off. If a accelerate sometimes go off and sometimes make some backfire and go off again.

I replace the fuel by new one and clean the filter inside tank. I check the fuel pump and works fine.

The battery is new.

The spark seems to be fine.

The previous owner doesn use a lot the quad. Maybe can be a problem of dirty inside the injection system? Or spark ? Or electrical issue?

The quad is original only have sparks exhaust.

Thanks and regards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that..... how does the plug look, oily or sooty or what...it could be running too rich or too lean, in which case u may wanna change plugs or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check the neutral and reverse switches and check your stator connectors as well.. it could be a multitude of things..test the stator, if you have a ECU from a friends bike and you know it’s good swap them out to see if your ecu went out..the valves could need adjusting.. it all depends, gotta go through it and troubleshoot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys... i check the sensors and are fine. Also check the fuel pump pressure and is working with 50psi so that is OK. I clean every connector with contact cleaner and remove the inyector, cleaned and is ok too. The only thing i cant change now is the plug because of coronavirus is all closed here. But something strange is if the quad is with stable rpm at 3 gear, and i change to 4 gear, start to backfire.

thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the problem was the plug. I remove again but this time decrease a little the gap in the plug. Now the quad is working fine. Thanks to all.. Any knows how to close this post? or is not necessary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts