Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt doit all the time i have n hmf slipon n motoworks efi controller does this mean its to rich or to lean still have stock air filter but getting a knn if that matters thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
doesnt doit all the time i have n hmf slipon n motoworks efi controller does this mean its to rich or to lean still have stock air filter but getting a knn if that matters thanks for any help.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.....but to me it seems that you'd be running lean if you are getting popping...I say this because I noticed it a few times on a ride I was on and when I was parking her for the night I removed the plug and if anything the plug indicated a tad lean to me....Hope this helps you. A way you can tell yourself is by looking at the porcelain around the "electrode" not the outer casing of the porcelain. If it's black then it's running rich...if it's whitish color then it's running lean (and that's bad) if it's a paper bag brown color then it's running about as perfect as possible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just give it a little more fuel and see, mine likes more fuel

·
Registered
263 Posts
where is it popping from...the airbox or the exhaust pipe...if it was poppng out the air box you would be running lean...if its out of the exhaust your runnign rich...my bike did this with my fuel controller also when i had it dialed in too rich ...try turning it down...(if thats your case) it worked for me....i was runnig my settings at 6-6-7 (default is 2-4-1) and now im running 3-6-3...you'll have to play with it a little while out riding to get it perfect...goodluck:thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Now that's good info... I have PC111

·
Registered
390 Posts
This might not be enough change in fuel to see, but if your running open box try throwing the lid on and see if its any better. If it does its an easy way to tell u were a tad lean.

·
Registered
93 Posts
mine popped out the exaust on me once,it was not fully warmed up and when i let off the gas it popped, and mine was bone stock.never did it again.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I use to run a pcIII with a 2 bros slip-on and the map fuelmoto preloaded for me. It would pop after I would hammer on it and let off and let it rev down. I got it dyno tuned and the tuner said he leaned it out in a few places and the popping was gone after that. So, what I'm trying to say is when mine did it I was lean. Try and lean it out a little, just keep an eye on your plug :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use to run a pcIII with a 2 bros slip-on and the map fuelmoto preloaded for me. It would pop after I would hammer on it and let off and let it rev down. I got it dyno tuned and the tuner said he leaned it out in a few places and the popping was gone after that. So, what I'm trying to say is when mine did it I was lean. Try and lean it out a little, just keep an eye on your plug :thumb:
you were lean to start out,and the guy leaned it more??

·
Registered
390 Posts
He meant he was rich and got the map leaned out on the dyno tune is what it sounds like.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
He meant he was rich and got the map leaned out on the dyno tune is what it sounds like.
EXACTLY! I f*cked up at the end of my statement. Popping when rich, then the tuner leaned it out and the popping was gone :thumb:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
EXACTLY! I f*cked up at the end of my statement. Popping when rich, then the tuner leaned it out and the popping was gone :thumb:
Weird.....mine popped a few times on a long ride and I pulled the plug and it definitely wasn't rich....I guess popping may not be a sure indicator either way...rich or lean. Glad you got her lined out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Weird.....mine popped a few times on a long ride and I pulled the plug and it definitely wasn't rich....I guess popping may not be a sure indicator either way...rich or lean. Glad you got her lined out.
like i said earlier...if it pops out the airbox...it means its popping out of the injecters/ or carbs....thats lean....if it pops out the exhaust your running rich....from the previous statement of dynoing and leaning it out after this would indicate my statement to be correct as he was back firing out of his exhaust..:banana:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
like i said earlier...if it pops out the airbox...it means its popping out of the injecters/ or carbs....thats lean....if it pops out the exhaust your running rich....from the previous statement of dynoing and leaning it out after this would indicate my statement to be correct as he was back firing out of his exhaust..:banana:

Mine was popping out of the exhaust, just to be clear on my .02.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If its popping on decel than yea you are running a little lean, try rich'in the map a little and than should do the trick. Mine does once in awhile when im doing wheels when Im up in the rev limiter and than slowing down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts