Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first quad and I have a nbit of ltr experience and 2000 miles on my new Rappy.I ride trails and I'm trying to Lear how to stunt!I can ride wheelies with one foot on the grab bar pretty well,I do doughnuts alot,and hit 10 to 15 foot jumps.I am looking for mod advice and riding advice to make me a skillful rider.maybe a nice practice method or such?if it matters I'm 6"1 and 195 but only 14 yrs old.I'm a freshman and bought a raptor it has sick power(to me) and do youns think it's to much quad?

·
Registered
179 Posts
no you'll do just fine on that quad, just dont go hittin insane jumps and hill climbs till your comfortable with it. ride ride ride, that the only advice i can give. get to know the bike. she'll probably buk ya off a few times, just keep gettin back on

happy trails!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no you'll do just fine on that quad, just dont go hittin insane jumps and hill climbs till your comfortable with it. ride ride ride, that the only advice i can give. get to know the bike. she'll probably buk ya off a few times, just keep gettin back on

happy trails!
Haha I figured it would buck me off a little.....already had stitches in e back over it.wheelie + pavement + no shirt = pain:lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
well first off helmet always lol but thats a no brainer, next it depensds what you wanna do. wheelies are always fun and a goood thing to practice with those is rear brake control so u can stop those backwards trips. best way to do that is pop a wheelie ride it for a few feet then hit the rear brack. do it till its muscle memorie and that will help alot. now as far as jumps or drifting u might want to look into flipping the rear link for stability. i did this to mine and its nothing to hit a corner wide open and not worry about tippng over, it looks like urs is set up well so u will have all the power u need to slide through corners. jumping is a blast and a big thing on that is start small learn how ur quad feels then work up from there. u might not feel cool hitting a 15 foot table top but its better then totaling ur quad and urself on a 50+ footer. basically be smart ride smart and when she throws ya get back on and figure out what ur mistake was thats the best way to learn good luck and welcome to the raptor family

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well first off helmet always lol but thats a no brainer, next it depensds what you wanna do. wheelies are always fun and a goood thing to practice with those is rear brake control so u can stop those backwards trips. best way to do that is pop a wheelie ride it for a few feet then hit the rear brack. do it till its muscle memorie and that will help alot. now as far as jumps or drifting u might want to look into flipping the rear link for stability. i did this to mine and its nothing to hit a corner wide open and not worry about tippng over, it looks like urs is set up well so u will have all the power u need to slide through corners. jumping is a blast and a big thing on that is start small learn how ur quad feels then work up from there. u might not feel cool hitting a 15 foot table top but its better then totaling ur quad and urself on a 50+ footer. basically be smart ride smart and when she throws ya get back on and figure out what ur mistake was thats the best way to learn good luck and welcome to the raptor family
Thanks man she does have power.but should I bother ,y suspension for jumps or any handling mods?if so what?I'm on a budget and it's in the shop now for valve adjustments I'll have it back wednesday:rockon:

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can widen it fairly cheap, wider offset front wheels or spacers and g force extended rear hubs. But iam the kinda person that if I have the cash I would widen it properly with wider a arms and new wide axle. I too like most of us on here were 14 and knows what its like to have no cash but wanna mod oir toys, just keep riding bro..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can widen it fairly cheap, wider offset front wheels or spacers and g force extended rear hubs. But iam the kinda person that if I have the cash I would widen it properly with wider a arms and new wide axle. I too like most of us on here were 14 and knows what its like to have no cash but wanna mod oir toys, just keep riding bro..
I would love to long travel and rear shocks and new axle but the best I can widen is g force adjustable axle and wheel spacers on front.I'm also picking up a dynotek programable just to remove top speed limiter and have a rev limiter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts