Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep Jons an A+ guy but Jon you better always dot your I and cross your T because always some unhappy dude somewhere that will grab it and run with it to try to vent all their frustrations with non related things out on you or some one that dosent deserve it!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I love how the guy who got screwed on a deal is the bad guy because he brought it into the open. Damn, next time I get shafted on something...I will be sure to keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I love how the guy who got screwed on a deal is the bad guy because he brought it into the open. Damn, next time I get shafted on something...I will be sure to keep my mouth shut.
There are two sides to every story langford, And you're only reading his side of the story. You need to understand that RE is not a parts wearhouse I'm sure the engine can be assembled very fast but it's the other companies that RE sends customers parts to that hold things up-
So you have some insite on John: He gave a local guy In my area a 6000.00 motor and said "pay me when you can" which the guy never did. John didn't come on here and bash him, He's also handed out complete engine to help a guy he was competing against so he could still race. The guy does this because he enjoys it, Im sure he would want nothing more than to fix his wrongs to anyone that felt they got "shafted" IF he was given the chance.

·
Registered
380 Posts
WOW. . . Two completely different posts on the same subject. . . . but they say the same thing. lol
John is a great guy with a great product. . . . Cant we all just get along? lmao

·
Registered
353 Posts
My experience with Racers Edge -> Three-Time Planet Sand Winner......just sayin

I have nothing but good things to say about working with John on this 804 build the last few years. This month at Leerjak this fat boy ran a 4.05 on it P/A and won the 4.1 index letting out a little. Then we ran 4.10,4.12 N/A and a 3.91, 3.92 P/A.

Plaques my bike won at the Planet Sand - Leerjak event this month:

·
Registered
162 Posts
You know...I don't get it.. I have absolutely no stake in this what so ever. I don't know John, other than what I've heard previously about his work...nor do I know much about the gent who posted the details of his negative experience with RE. I have read most of both threads out of curiosity and it's obvious that those who are pleased with his work are going to defend him (which he doesn't really need), and others argue about whether its cool to post a negative opinion or the details of a bad experience. This is a forum! A forum is meant for information, discussion, opinions, advice, entertainment, etc. The information that was posted is just that...i n f o r m a t i o n. There should be absolutely no biases as to what is OK and not OK to post, other than the original forum rules... I saw it more as him sharing just how bloody unhappy he was, much more so that it sounded like he wanted to just "bash" John. I've never, ever heard anyone say, "hey man, I don't think that you should be bragging on so and so about his work. What if I believe you and use the same guy and don't end up as happy?". What if this guy did just that? What if he went with RE solely based on what he had heard and read about them in this forum? Are we responsible for his decision? Is he really responsible if someone who read these two threads opted not to use RE? In a forum you should be able to post on either side of the equation without being slammed for hurting someones feelings or ego or even...reputation....or be called a "basher". I'll betcha John can take care of himself. Now unfounded bullshit or unproven accusations...OK, that would be outright wrong, but an opinion (which is all it really is), or accurate information, (if that is what it actually is), good or bad, should be welcome. Fact is, that almost everything posted anywhere about John is very positive...so at least it's a fairly isolated event, and certainly not enough to negatively affect his bottom line enough to really even matter.

What I also believe though, is that it's pretty Sh!tty of someone to post their rant if they haven't done ALL that they possibly could have to rectify the situation personally with the other part before hand! That's, just being a bashing cry baby...but the right to post about it is certainly still theirs...as is yours, to supply detailed info in your brag.

Just felt like sayin' all that....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts