1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Very nice but I didn't see the rollers? I hope you talked him down on price to help cover the gas to go get it.

Let's see 4400 miles averaging 14 mpg at $4.00/gallon = $1257 :dropmouth:

-Johnny

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats just part of the price, those units sell for 15k stand alone........so it will be worth it.....the rollers are currently covered by removable plywood floor covers, ive given my self a 2k budget for the trip........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hell yeah man. Bring that thang down here to Texas and let's try it out.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will be a little while to get a hand of things, and the pc3 tuning link will take another 6 months to get.........anyone in socal can hit me up for some free tuning for the first few bikes.....learning curve..

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
By my calculations... You gotta come through Phoenix on the way to and on the way back.

I'm sure several of us on here would like to help you "BRAKE IN/FREE TUNING" your dyno. You know, that way when you get back to California your dyno has all of the kinks worked out. I got an acre + horse property so theres plenty of room for you and your dyno.:lol::thumb:

-Johnny

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By my calculations... You gotta come through Phoenix on the way to and on the way back.

I'm sure several of us on here would like to help you "BRAKE IN/FREE TUNING" your dyno. You know, that way when you get back to California your dyno has all of the kinks worked out. I got an acre + horse property so theres plenty of room for you and your dyno.:lol::thumb:

-Johnny
ill be on a tight deadline for the trip because of vacation time......so it will be a straight shot there and back

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i will be hitting you up for a tune dl700!

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you're going to run I-70 either direction and need a place to crash and not worry about the trailer, or if you just want to grab some grub and a beer, hit me up.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're going to run I-70 either direction and need a place to crash and not worry about the trailer, or if you just want to grab some grub and a beer, hit me up.:thumb:
hey, thanks man... im going to look into shipping too and see what that will cost........

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I know we have talked about this but just so you know, the Eddy current probably will not be able to be added to this unit because of the placement on the trailer. It is added out the side of the drum and usually on a setup like this there is no room unless the drum is sideways. Also, I was looking at a similar setup and I found good info from calling the Dynojet sales office and asked them what they can tell you about this unit. They can tell you how much maintenance has been done, what parts have been replaced and so on. This can give you a good idea of how much time is on the dyno. Also consider the expense of a good generator. It does not look like it is part of the deal. Also, tell them that you consider them removing the trailer lettering part of the deal. Just so you dont have to waste a day pulling vinyl off your new trailer. Just want to share what I found when I was in your same boat. Besides that I hope it all works out for you, good luck

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know we have talked about this but just so you know, the Eddy current probably will not be able to be added to this unit because of the placement on the trailer. It is added out the side of the drum and usually on a setup like this there is no room unless the drum is sideways. Also, I was looking at a similar setup and I found good info from calling the Dynojet sales office and asked them what they can tell you about this unit. They can tell you how much maintenance has been done, what parts have been replaced and so on. This can give you a good idea of how much time is on the dyno. Also consider the expense of a good generator. It does not look like it is part of the deal. Also, tell them that you consider them removing the trailer lettering part of the deal. Just so you dont have to waste a day pulling vinyl off your new trailer. Just want to share what I found when I was in your same boat. Besides that I hope it all works out for you, good luck
thanks for the tips...looks like ill be getting a shipping company to do the dirty work....only 3k :thumbsdown: .... so ive traided my 06 chevy for a dyno/trailer....now to make some money..

i know the EDDY CURRENT wont fit but that is ok for a mobile unit....ill get a shop someday if business is good and buy a new unit w/eddy.......

i didnt think this would all happen sooooooo fast, its only been a month since i first thoughht about it :hyper:

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
thanks for the tips...looks like ill be getting a shipping company to do the dirty work....only 3k :thumbsdown: .... so ive traided my 06 chevy for a dyno/trailer....now to make some money..

i know the EDDY CURRENT wont fit but that is ok for a mobile unit....ill get a shop someday if business is good and buy a new unit w/eddy.......

i didnt think this would all happen sooooooo fast, its only been a month since i first thoughht about it :hyper:
I know the feeling, this site happend 24 hours after I thought about it..:lol:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its awesome to start something in your mind and actually have it work out........we all love the site........looking forward to being a huge contributor with the dyno in the future!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Congrats DL, if I haven't already told you that in the last 3 years :lol:

·
Registered
864 Posts
and nice revival slowrappy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts