Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(cross post) I posted this on another forum..
I live in the North East and ride mostly trails..I see lots of nasty mud holes..Now On my clubs trails I ride alone much of the time and got burried to the point,where I had to wait for a ute to come by or a few hours so I could call for help..My set-up is not the best or strongest(for heavy duty winching)but it is perfect for my needs..Here is what I did,First I was lucky with the bumper I bought.A PRM Edge Baja front bumper..
Then I bought the Warn 1500lb ATV winch from Rocky Mtn ATV ( it was about 170.00)
Went to the hardware store bought 4 bolts to fit my need..
Now It just happened to work out the the PRM Baja bumper had just enough room to mount just the winch on it.The winch is about 10lbs..I did not use the plate they gave me for it,or put any rollers on it to save a little weight..The only other thing I'd like to add is that I ordered one of those Warn Neoprene ATV Winch Covers,I also had to snip off about one inch of the front plastic,where it comes to the point..Here are some pics of the set up I have now..

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats a nice looking set up there. I thought about doing something like that on my 660. I normally ride with a bunch of sport quads, and a winch would be nice. Thanks for the idea.

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
:wtf: Sport quads, especially Raptor 700's don't have winches and utility quad mud tires on them. Just like in the latest Budwieser commercials...

DUDE???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depending on where you live you will need mud tires, I grew up in east coast mud/swamps and if you really wanted a sport bike for logging roads, you still needed mud tires for the soup on the trails or you where stuck twice as much. Made a difference on my 230.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wtf: Sport quads, especially Raptor 700's don't have winches and utility quad mud tires on them. Just like in the latest Budwieser commercials...

DUDE???
Dude you live in a friggen desert :blahblah: Don't see many paddle tires around here..

To me those sand Raptors look stupid as hell all you west coasters cutting up all the plastics,putting super long swing arms on them with ugly ass chrome pipes :lol: they remind me of those mexican low rider cars..Where do you hang the dingo-balls on your rappy lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without a roller or fairlead you will chew up that bumper. Looks good there.
I was thinking about the roller problem..In case I have to winch on a angle..Untill I can get the quad straight I will carry a little peice of wood with me to put between the bar and the wire..Once it's straight on winch,I can guide it in by hand..

I hope I dont even need to use the winch,but it is nice insurance wile riding alone and burried really bad..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sand guys vs woods guys, woods guys vs desert guys, desert guys vs drag guys, now throw in some street legal units and this is just like the world. As long as every body gets along it,s cool. live and let live. Most of you guys would crap if you saw my Raptor not very pretty but very Baja capable and in my eyes a thing of beauty. Gotta love diversity!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sand guys vs woods guys, woods guys vs desert guys, desert guys vs drag guys, now throw in some street legal units and this is just like the world. As long as every body gets along it,s cool. live and let live. Most of you guys would crap if you saw my Raptor not very pretty but very Baja capable and in my eyes a thing of beauty. Gotta love diversity!!!!
yep we were all smart enough to buy a Raptor :rockon:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post some pics then... Just not on this thread.
ehh what you want??You want me to post all the pics of my rappy??You don't think its mine or something?? I don't get it..Look at the ady that my pics are hosted on,same as me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Post some pics then... Just not on this thread.
here some more for you..
Brand new...

Not so brand new...

Now lets see yours :banana:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here are a couple of sand pics for you.

And one cinders pic.

Hope you enjoy :hyper:

Jerry

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wanna see pics of this one!

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Most of you guys would crap if you saw my Raptor not very pretty but very Baja capable and in my eyes a thing of beauty.
ehh what you want??You want me to post all the pics of my rappy??You don't think its mine or something?? I don't get it..Look at the ady that my pics are hosted on,same as me
I think that you might need to loosen the tension on your winch and CHILL the hell out. I was responding to fire raptor's comment. I didn't want him to steal your thread that you started by posting pics of his quad on your thread. If you look, both you and I responded at the same time to his post.

-Johnny

·
Registered
108 Posts
A winch is a great thing to have in the trails in MA. My buddy with a 660 has one. We actually fabricated a hitch for the back of his rappy out of a 1.25 receiver and a ton of flat stock. The other day he pulled a 14" round tree with it. The tree was 50 ft long. The welds held great lol. Its also under his back seat. I can't tell you how many times that winch has pulled one of us out of somthing we should have went around to begin with. Hey thats the fun though.

Ps I also agree with leaving the fenders alone lol.

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
don't need one myself, but i think it looks pretty cool :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that you might need to loosen the tension on your winch and CHILL the hell out. I was responding to fire raptor's comment. I didn't want him to steal your thread that you started by posting pics of his quad on your thread. If you look, both you and I responded at the same time to his post.

-Johnny

haha ok sorry :coolshades: the tension is fine,but thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oakley those are some nice pics..The one at sun set is almost art..You figure ot how to turn that time stamp off yet lol..

I ride alone alot hard to get action pics,but I will get a few this summer..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool setup. I don't think I could do it my raptor, though. Guess I'll have to ride with buddies with utes.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts