Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Raptor fam lookin to get a set of nerfs for my new bike? Does anyone have experience with the housers? Are they worth the money and also whats the difference between the mx and xc models. I ride trails so id think id want xc but idk what that and the differences are. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have the Housers on my Raptor and I like them alot. The pegs are huge and dont get clogged with mud. And the rubber mounting takes alot of shock out of the ride. Not to mention engine vibration. The difference between mx and xc is width mainly. If your still running stock a arms you definetly want the xc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
37 Posts
A couple of my buddy's have them they seem to like them a lot. It seems like they change the design every year a little bit they both bought the XC version about a year apart and they are a little different personally I like the older version looks like a better fit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i also have them but mx as it was all that was available (ride trail in alberta). really nice and hold up great. installation was pretty standard, the width is a bit of a pain in the ass so i would say yes go with xc, the mx is fine to get around but just gotta be alot more aware of them. i have razr 2's (22x11x9 if i remember right) and the mx width are out about 3" or so on both sides (stock arms and axel).

·
Registered
689 Posts
The rear nets were made smaller in the past year so that they dont catch as much mud. If you ride in mud enough they will catch the mud, but the smaller netted heelguards are of some benefit in preventing this. They are also a curved footpeg to allow you to roll your foot under the shifter and shift your weight easier. I really liked the idea so I got a set. You will like the XC ones, they are just more narrow, more for a stock width application. MX is for +2" +3" applications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.