Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later tonight I am going to be unveiling a one of a kind, #1 in production, new product for the Raptor 250 that I know you power nuts are going to really dig. This product, along with a few other goodies REALLY woke up this quad. More to come when I get back from dinner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Thanks to my friends at Barker's, I am happy to announce that I(we) have the original, and one of a kind, NO OTHER IN EXISTANCE, complete Raptor 250 exhaust.

Anyway, I took our 700's to Tim back in December to have him wake them up. And that he did! However, before offloading the 700's there, I "sorta" begged him to come up with an exhaust system and a mild build for my wife's 250. He took on the challenge and told me if I left it with him he would build an exhaust for it. He assured me I would not be disappointed. I was shocked he agreed to do it, and almost more excited about him doing that for my wife than I was about him working on the 700's.

He and his right hand (and very valued) man Don came up with a system for it this week. Guys and gals, I gotta tell you the fit and finish is awesome. It looks like it fits way better than the original factory pipe. The sound is incredible. He did a few other experimental things with the motor that I can't discuss yet but the power that this little thing makes is unbelievable. He's got a few other ideas in mind for the internal motor work but for now (to get my wife riding for a week or so) he let me have it back so she can have some fun.

The first test ride for her was sweet to see. The grin on her face when she came back made it all worth it. She can easily pull the wheels off the ground in first and second and as she put it, "The power band really woke up..." I'm sure after tomorrow my yard will be tore to hell again but at least I'll be good for some brownie points for awhile.

So.....my thanks and deepest gratitude goes out to Tim and Don for making me a hit with my wife once again. Check out the before and after pics and tell me what you think... BTW: I may be beating Tim to the punch, but Tim is going to be puting these systems in to production for the general public very, very soon!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That things looks sweet....awesome job guys.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
nice! I love those little 250s! Good to see some aftermarket parts starting to surface. Can't think of anyone better for the Job than Tim Barker! I want one

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It's been a tough haul with the lack of aftermarket parts available for this machine but some other key components are starting to surface and I can't wait to give them a try. We're trying to find the happy median between spending $ for power and the practicality of spending too much, where we would be better off jumping to the next size quad.

·
Registered
286 Posts
oh shit, my boy read this and you can imagin what he said hurry up tim he wants one bad

·
Registered
286 Posts
yeah man i need one real bad so i can get some more power out of that 250

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let's see some dyno pulls!

My Daughter needs a bit more power to get up the hill. Exhaust, maybe a piston?

Definitely looking to see what we can get out of this bike.

It is a fun bike isn't it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ditto that Dunme. My little one is on a 90 and i two am looking to get a little more power out of it. I was looking at the clutch and belt set up. Looks real similar to the zuma moped set up. Maybe there is some power to be had there?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an update...She has ridden the tricked out 250 at Silver Lake and tracks like Morelands in Stanton, MI and MPX Racing in Sebewaing, MI. On the track, the thing is sweet. Its so light and maneuverable that she can be off a gear coming out of a corner and it will still have the kahuna's to make it work. At Silver Lake it was a handfull for her to handle mainly because of the short and narrow wheel base. She was able to make it up test hill (the 2nd time) once she figured out she had to make her speed and power before the hill. That little thing revs so fast she was constantly over rev'ing before she got to the peak. I'm not so sure we should not have went up a tooth in the front for the dunes. I know the motor has the ass to pull a taller drive sprocket.

Our next upgrades are going to be a wider axle, wider a-arms, and suspension. The manufactures have to get their prices in line with what these parts should cost for a 250. I figure since the 250 cost 1/2 what my raptor did, we are going to have to wait until enough manufactures are in the game to make the prices of the other aftermarket parts reasonable enough to buy.

Craig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts