Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i get the protaper Se's will i have to buy a bar clamp or is it a direct bolt on

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you post a pic

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got the Pro Taper SE Raptor bend for mine. Should be here tomorrow. I'll snap some pix when I get them on, although the rest of the Rappy is a lil smashed at the moment...(oops).

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the Pro Taper mid bend bars. The SE stands for seven eights, the same size as the stock bars. In the first pic you can see where the bars rub the tank top.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure Johnny. I am hoping they are a lil bit higher. Should be getting here sometime today though. The tracker says they are on the truck for delivery.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm short (5'8) and like the CR-HI bend. I went with the contours and a trailtech mount. Have been happy so far, but the weakness of the stock stem is definately noticeable. Flexes a lot.

We have ATV Mid Bend SEs on the Warrior

I've ran pro-taper bars on nearly every motorized toy I've owned and have always been satisfied. They are a great bar. I had renthal fat bars on my DRZ400SM that came stock and they were nice too though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend on my 7oo and they are pretty much the same as the originals but only stronger. Especially with the tie in bar. I put them on the stock steering stem and they don't hit the tank cover at all. I love them. I hope you are as satisfied with yours motorbreath as I am.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Really no big deal about the bars rubbing the tank, just wanted to let you know. I hated the stock bars, they swept back too much for my liking.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Here's a pic or 2 of mine, I got the raptor bend, no rubbing of the tank. I would say the height of them is about the same as stock. I was also able to get the stock cover back on over the mounts for the key.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the raptor bend se, the diameter, height, clamp area and pull back are very close to the same. The only difference I noticed was the stock bars are about an inch overall wider.

The cross bar reduces the flex in the bars:thumb:, but if you attempt to customize the bars by rolling your quad, the cross bar will prevent them from folding and your steering stem will become the weak point even more and more than likely will take the damage:thumbsdown:.

Bars are cheaper than steering stems.

pic isn't the greatest, The pic above in AL2FAST's post is better

·
Registered
180 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts