Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some advive please . i have a complete s/s gytr exaust on my 700 and it keeps cracking around the welds around the muffler.:banghead: i was thinking of going for a new complete exaust set up wht would you guys recomend .. this bike cops a hiding when its out o the track oover the woops and jumps so it needs to be somthing good and strong.. so can you guys recomend a good brand and what price they would be.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
Thats a tough one because pipes are not usually rated on durability. In your case a strap design might absorb more shock then the billet mount on the can and the strap can be replaced. I always like the Yosh on my 660 and they are usually one of the top in performance if you are sticking with a single and it has the strap mount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
look into CT racing. Their exhaust isnt the prettiest but it looks very strong and makes really good power.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
check out monsters also. mounting system is good. and cant be beat on power. 650 from tqs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i would say that a full race titanium exhaust might be good considering there made for MX style racing ..HMF,FMF, Procuit all make Ti4 exhaust...Yoshi RS-7?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would call the Sport division of Yamaha Motors USA and tell them about it (800-962-7926). Welds should not be breaking on something like a muffler - especially a GYT-R muffler.

I've found Yamaha - not dealerships - to be very accommodating when it comes to any issue with GYT-R stuff. Hell, they shipped me two complete hardware sets (nuts, bolts, spacers, etc.) when I called to ask where I could purchase two j-clamps to replace the ones that stripped out on my GYT-R engine/frame skidplates (I've got two Raptors).

The parts arrived within two days and I didn't even have to pay for shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts