Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many months of debate a friend convinced me to turbo the raptor. Thought of buying a kit but soon realized it was way out of my budget so after ideas and the help of my friend (dna2tuning) and alot of helpful info from bob at (d7 racing ) i was able to start piecing things together. Now i know this aint the cleanest install but i didnt wana just copy cat anyones kit. So fitted everything where we thought it fit best with what we had. Pushing about 11 psi with a 750 cc rc injector. Boost comes on full around 4500rpm. Many thanks to my friend david (dna2tuning) for creating my exhaust manifold which helped me get motivated to start this project. Still have a few mounts to fabricate for.the intercooler and the ignition switch. Any input would be appreciated and helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder how many turbo Raptors there are out there with a parking brake still on them. There is alot of good work so far on this thing. Do you have any videos of it running yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And just got it tuned up today running through my neighborhood. Good thing neighbors are cool so far. Will try to get video soon, Gota rig up a camera since its hard to hold on and shift on the street lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure on power yet since im having a hard time finding a bike dyno where i live. But the buttometer puckered up when she spooled up for the first time. ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the wires in the back underneath the seat. For the front wires you could just zip tie them to the frame by the fuel tank and radiator that's what I did with mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slightly off topic question for anyone who can answer, can I put her on a car dyno to measure the power or does it have to be a motorcycle dyno?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Dyno rollers are designed to simulate 70-100% of gross weight. So most atv dyno rollers are 700-800 lbs. That's all fine and dandy if we all rode in vacuum on a smooth flat steel road.. We don't so the next best thing to get real world results is to a load (resistance) on the dyno roller. Most do this with a electric motor to create breaking on the roller.

Most experts in the modern performance world agree that the old non load way of measuring give's false high and low readings depending on the build. And with newer modern builds being load based tuned with the modern electronics a non load can not do a proper tune.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So took the bike for a quick dyno pull to see where i stood with the current setup at 8-9 psi. Had mixed reactions with the results. Air fuels were between 11.8-12.5 running a mixture of half n half 91 oct and e85. Any input would be really apreciated since i tried a few different settings on the fuel controller and this run was the best run i ach3ived, the rest of the runs it kept falling and sputtering at high rev.
<br/>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts