Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The FSA Mach1 cam is now available to the public for 300.00 + shipping. This cam has been run and tested for over a year and has performed above the competition in various sized builds. The graph below was a back to back test performed on a 734 against the OMW V3. Also you can view the head to head performance graphs below with the OMW3 vs Web 4 & HDD5150. PM me if interested or call (559) 647-8347.

M1 (red line) vs OMW V3 (blue line) - 734cc, +2 head, 52mm TB, WK coned intake, RE 14-1 piston, Monster duals

The runs below were performed by Mr. Horsepower on a high performance SB build.

WEB 4 dual pipes

HDD5150 dual pipes

OMW V3 dual pipes

OMW V3 single pipe

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
What head was the first test done on? and motor combo,,, being only 80 hp im assuming its a mild build

The Test done By OMW with on a stock bore with a Very unique custom head done by Bo White with a welded chamber and custom cut piston to match making it useless as a comparison base for someone else IMO

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The build in the top graph is a 734, +2 head, 52mm TB, WK coned intake, RE 14-1 piston, Monster duals.

We have graphs of a 3 mod, high performance SB, 770, and 880 on our dyno with the M1 cam against the best cams on the market, but I think it's much more convincing posting a graph from a customers bike on an impartial dyno at Pure Evil.

The OMW graphs are relevant and comparable since all 3 cams were tested with the same head, on the same dyno, back to back. The clover shaped head adds compressions as well as improving the swirl of the head from intake to exhaust. If anything, this test would be more consistent with this type of head over a stock chamber head because of the efficiency factor. The graphs above show which of the 3 cams performed the best, which was then tested against the M1. It does not imply that the other cams are not good, only that the M1 is better even on a mild build.

·
Registered
176 Posts
knit pick the build details till the end of time if you would like, bottom line is Tom and the boys have done more cam testing than ANY of the shops. I would take his recommendations on cam choice for a race day cam swap without testing any day of the week!

·
Registered
521 Posts
are you guys not building peak tq until 7k plus for a reason or is it just the way your rolling the throttle in the runs

im just curious not trying to start anything i like to see what other people find out as well. the DJ sheets look like they are a pretty good comparison to each other but the dont build peak TQ # until way late either is that the build specs or the way the runs were made

are they .500 lift ?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Peak torque normally occurs between 6500-7000 on the smaller HP builds, normally influenced by cam timing and exhaust. On the larger 800+ builds it happens sooner, but can be stretched. The further you can stretch the torque curve, the longer you will be accelerating and the faster you will go. On these particular graphs I would have to say it's the build specs.

The M1 cam is a direct replacement for a X4, Web 4, 5050, V3 without having to upgrade springs or change valves to accommodate lift. If you have HD Kibblewhite spings they will do the trick with this cam.

H

·
0 Posts
:thumb: Have you guys compared it to the new HDD 5250 Yet ? Has it won at FSA since it has run and is called the FSA Mach 1 ?, I know the 5050 has won a few last year and the 5150 as well just curious ,lastly I thought only site sponsors could list cams such as this for sale maybe I m wrong just curious
John did you see any runs comparing it to the 5050. I did not it would be interesting to if Daniel could do some of his own testing comparing it to the 5250 your sorry ass has and maybe the 5050 and 5150 on his dyno . BTW you suck :lol:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great new cam tom. I'd like to see what it does on race motor. I'm sure it would do awsome. Keep up the r&d

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is this a billet cam always seem to wear chrome off all the others I've used till I went with 5050

·
Registered
728 Posts
Do you still have to clearance the rockers an run hd springs with this cam??

1 - 20 of 417 Posts