Modded Raptors Forum banner

361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats John!

75 hp is the best number I have ever seen from a SB low compression pump gas build.

M1 Review by OMR:
Motor: KSTacoBoy

Cylinder Head Pressure = Torque = Acceleration

Acceleration = The most ground torque over the widest range.

Pump Gas:
The cylinder pressure is limited to the fuels thermal efficiency.

Thermal Efficiency is measured by its mathematical BMEP

Stock bore/Stroke

BMEP
5.5k 179.5
6.0 183
6.5 184.9
7.0 186.7
7.5 184.9
8.0 175.9
Range 2,500rpm Average BMEP 182.5

To generate a Average BMEP over 175 on pump gas is outstanding.

The balance of components to this build, reflect total cylinder head pressure control.

The M1 cam is the tool that is controlling this cylinder head pressure to not only make great power, but with a great band width.

Great combo and great results.

OMR

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
M1 Review by OMR:
Motor: KSTacoBoy

Cylinder Head Pressure = Torque = Acceleration

Acceleration = The most ground torque over the widest range.

Pump Gas:
The cylinder pressure is limited to the fuels thermal efficiency.

Thermal Efficiency is measured by its mathematical BMEP

Stock bore/Stroke

BMEP
5.5k 179.5
6.0 183
6.5 184.9
7.0 186.7
7.5 184.9
8.0 175.9
Range 2,500rpm Average BMEP 182.5

To generate a Average BMEP over 175 on pump gas is outstanding.

The balance of components to this build, reflect total cylinder head pressure control.

The M1 cam is the tool that is controlling this cylinder head pressure to not only make great power, but with a great band width.

Great combo and great results.

OMR
Thanks for posting OMR, I always enjoy your stuff!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
following OMR is a little hard for me /im not that intelligent lol but im glad he found good results in the m1:thumb:

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
Hey Bo, no I haven't touched your masterpiece. Crisco told me when I bought it from him that it was opened up for the 54mm, but I measured it to be a hair over 50mm...:think: I was under the impression that it wasn't when I put it all together.
Theres power in them there hills still on the table.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Actually rode 734 over the holiday in the dunes and drag raced all day with no issues , cam revs out quick especially for a big bore motor very impressed with the performance and very little valve train noise it makes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I Dyno'd at little Sahara (Okie) over easter weekend. I was really pleased with the results. Last year my bike made 66hp and 51tq. This year i made 72.39hp and 52.77tq. I went from the 50/50 cam and a pcv, to the M1 and a msd blaster with DL's curves. My build consist's of..... RE+1 head, force 4's, M1 cam, msd blaster, fci, +3 tb, and venom CP 12.1 pump gas piston. Not bad numbers in my opinion for a pump gas sb/ss bike. I'll post a picture of the graph tomorrow night.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I Dyno'd at little Sahara (Okie) over easter weekend. I was really pleased with the results. Last year my bike made 66hp and 51tq. This year i made 72.39hp and 52.77tq. I went from the 50/50 cam and a pcv, to the M1 and a msd blaster with DL's curves. My build consist's of..... RE+1 head, force 4's, M1 cam, msd blaster, fci, +3 tb, and venom CP 12.1 pump gas piston. Not bad numbers in my opinion for a pump gas sb/ss bike. I'll post a picture of the graph tomorrow night.
Thats huge differance!
Venom still in business?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks Tom. Yeah i was pleased with the results. Picked up 6+ hp with a cam change and a different programmer. No complaints here.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well fellas my cam test is done unfortunately. I was just finishing up a msd map for my Web 4 and getting ready to put the M1 in when my bike shit the bed on the dyno. I'll be sending cams back tomorrow as soon as I get a chance.

They can send the cams over my way. I have nothing but time since the oilfield decided to have layoffs and besides I know a piece of farm equipment that is going through withdrawals and needs some time on the rollers.

I would be happy to do a dyno test and post the results. It seems like there is enough info out there for people to be making their own decision but I would be willing to invest the time if someone wanted to loan out the cams they want to see in the comparison.

·
Registered
306 Posts
They can send the cams over my way. I have nothing but time since the oilfield decided to have layoffs and besides I know a piece of farm equipment that is going through withdrawals and needs some time on the rollers.

I would be happy to do a dyno test and post the results. It seems like there is enough info out there for people to be making their own decision but I would be willing to invest the time if someone wanted to loan out the cams they want to see in the comparison.
were do you work at I'm in south texas there work down in I am in coiltubing

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was working in Colorado on an ADR1000 rig. We were drilling for crude and nat gas.

·
Registered
306 Posts
thats what there drilling down here we drill out plugs after they frac the well or do toe preps before they frac the well and run guns to perforate the well

·
Registered
87 Posts
72 HP on SB and Pump Gas is impressive. Did you have a PC3/5? Before? I got a PC5 With Auto tune on mine plus the separate ignition. I'm happy with where I'm at John did a great job but Its too bad I missed out on that blaster it came out only like a few weeks after my build was done. It sure sounds like there is more power gains to be had with the blaster? For me I don't know if its worth changing though at this point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 417 Posts