Registered
383 Posts
Is the lift larger than the Webb 4 or the 5050

·
Registered
799 Posts
FYI, Guru & HDDCrew = same guy

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/raptor-700-mods/18221-5250-cam-2.html

5050 cam was tested, 5150 was not directly tested.
Per the 5250 thread it is just like your propsed M1 that was tested for a year and now mat be avilable to public soon , I spoke out to soon .Has the M1 FSA cam won any N/A tiltles yet ? I know a few HDD grinds have . Anyway nice work interested to see it runs at the track looks like a great 300 ft cam for sure

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yes it's a winner, the M1 was in our SB 700 that won at Glamis and also set the national record at Outlaw with several 4.25 passes. Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Per the 5250 thread it is just like your propsed M1 that was tested for a year and now mat be avilable to public soon , I spoke out to soon .Has the M1 FSA cam won any N/A tiltles yet ? I know a few HDD grinds have . Anyway nice work interested to see it runs at the track looks like a great 300 ft cam for sure
hey guru why dont you go blow it out your ass.. nobody needs your input on this.. if they want toms cam great if not no worries. mind your dam biz..

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well tom I can't wait to put this cam in im sure it's everything you say it is theres a new cam in town the M1

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Not sure if I read the Dyno correctly but isn't M1 better than Web4 after 8k?
Which graph are you referring to?

The lowers graphs show the Web 4, 5150, & V3 tested individually. Then we took the best performer out of the three and did back to back test between the M1 & V3 with the results showing in the first graph.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Which graph are you referring to?

The lowers graphs show the Web 4, 5150, & V3 tested individually. Then we took the best performer out of the three and did back to back test between the M1 & V3 with the results showing in the first graph.

Hope that helps.
Web4 made stronger power until near +8k after that the V3 beat it.

Any Web4 vs M1 Dyno sheet?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You are correct, the Web 4 does make power sooner up the face of the curve, but it peaks early and covers a 500-800 spread in the RPM band. Torque is what accelerates a bike, look at the torque band of the Web 4 at each 500 RPM bar, it makes more overall peak torque vs the V3, but only for a small window in the RPM band. In comparison the V3 torque band covers a 2000 RPM spread that will prolong the acceleration period. Now lobe separation is a big reason for the differences that you are seeing between the the Web 4 & V3, but the track differences were huge. This bike went from running 4.4s with the Web 4, to 4.2s with the V3 from my understanding. A broader power band will always be faster than a peaky one.

Yes, there are some Web4 vs M1 graphs that will be posted.

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
The OMW graphs are relevant and comparable since all 3 cams were tested with the same head, on the same dyno, back to back. The clover shaped head adds compressions as well as improving the swirl of the head from intake to exhaust. If anything, this test would be more consistent with this type of head over a stock chamber head because of the efficiency factor. The graphs above show which of the 3 cams performed the best, which was then tested against the M1. It does not imply that the other cams are not good, only that the M1 is better even on a mild build.
If this is the cylinder head I did with the welded chamber I thank you for the comments. I did my best on that cylinder head but to my understanding it was worked over some since I had it so I dont believe I can take alot of the credit since I dont know to what extent it was worked over.:beerchug:

·
Unstoppable
944 Posts
You are correct, the Web 4 does make power sooner up the face of the curve, but it peaks early and covers a 500-800 spread in the RPM band. Torque is what accelerates a bike, look at the torque band of the Web 4 at each 500 RPM bar, it makes more overall peak torque vs the V3, but only for a small window in the RPM band. In comparison the V3 torque band covers a 2000 RPM spread that will prolong the acceleration period. Now lobe separation is a big reason for the differences that you are seeing between the the Web 4 & V3, but the track differences were huge. This bike went from running 4.4s with the Web 4, to 4.2s with the V3 from my understanding. A broader power band will always be faster than a peaky one.

Bike ran the 4.4s at outlaw with FI and web 4 cam And I was beside your sb when it made the record pass! Congrats.
At planet sand I ran some 4.2s with the PS record of 4.23 and that was still with the web 4 but weighed less and had carb conversion. After the race I done cam testing and currently run the V3 but season is over. But Tom is correct I picked up several race situation hp and torque. Gotta kind of look at it like this when you r racing where is your rpms at and what's torque curve look like to help you accelerate faster.

·
Unstoppable
944 Posts
If this is the cylinder head I did with the welded chamber I thank you for the comments. I did my best on that cylinder head but to my understanding it was worked over some since I had it so I dont believe I can take alot of the credit since I dont know to what extent it was worked over.:beerchug:

Bo that is your head he is referring to and there has been some changes but not alot still basically like you sent it out like. Call that head a combo head Bo/ OMW special. Runs strOng can't wait till next year. Hope the big bikes dOnt pick on me too much!!

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
I think I remember talking to ya about some short turn changes on the intake port. Probably the same changes that was done by Brett at RE when he digitized this style port for me on a master cylinder head I did around the same this port was done by hand.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Can't wait for the Web4 vs M1

btw....How will M1 perform on pumpgas ?

21 - 40 of 417 Posts