Modded Raptors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wow, this has brought on a testing frenzy.

Multiple unbiased independent groups are testing various cams against the M1 and will be posting up the results in this thread. This will be very beneficial to the 700 raptor community.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow, this has brought on a testing frenzy.

Multiple unbiased independent groups are testing various cams against the M1 and will be posting up the results in this thread. This will be very beneficial to the 700 raptor community.
Look forward to the results of the findings:thumb:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The RHC 14 was tested and will be included in the graphs. I ran it for 3 years in one of our bikes, good cam.

The "race" only cams that require special modifications will not be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just so everyone knows, not all OMW cams were created equall. The two V-3's that were tested are two different cams. The one I tested in Jugger's bike is the only one that was ground with different lobe centers and duration than the others.

·
Registered
151 Posts
:think:
Just so everyone knows, not all OMW cams were created equall. The two V-3's that were tested are two different cams. The one I tested in Jugger's bike is the only one that was ground with different lobe centers and duration than the others.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow Broader torque curve with more top-end power than the popular cam grinds out there... definetly impressive

·
Registered
350 Posts
All of theses cams are giving me a headache I guess I need to buy them all and hit the dyno to see which one is best for my build

·
Registered
924 Posts
That is the issue, sure any cam will work in any motor, but just becaue it performed great in one motor doesn't mean it will perform the exact same due to different port or parts used. Not doggin on any one cam, but users shouldnt base everything off of one motor, these test need to be dpne on a mild build, stock, and various high end builds to creat a better catalouge of compatable cams for those builds to give buyers a better idea of what cam might peform for them.

·
Unstoppable
944 Posts
Anybody that wants to supply other high end cams id be more than happy to test on my sb/ss. Ive tested a few and it gets expensive but i'll use my bike and my wrench time and even pay for some dyno time if anybody has one i havent tested. Ive personally tested Web 4, HD 5150, and V3. The bottom graphs are my bike in those tests. Feel free to contact me if needed. I will say one thing while on the subject and as i saw Tom had questioned if he would gurantee 2 hp and 2 tq over web 4 or money back, would someone buy. Daniel did the same for me on my bike and gave me a full refund for the 5150, said alot to me. I do agree there isnt a per say best cam for every build but i will say there aint but one way to test the best and thats strap it on the dyno and quit all the speculation. I took Daniel up on the offer Tom and i'll do the same on your cam as well, i'll purchase it for your price if it makes the acclaimed pickups over the V3 in my build. let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I would be happy to sell you a cam with the same backing. It sounds like Eric has made some changes to the V3 compared to what had been previously sold, but I still believe you would see some gains and would appreciate any testing you would be willing to do.

Just so everyone knows, these test were done prior on our dyno, but to avoid any speculation we now have several groups testing cams against the M1 and the results will be posted in this thread. We expect the independent results some time after the holidays, so please be patient.

41 - 60 of 417 Posts