Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 660's plastics are showing their age and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a website/store that would carry some with a nice crisp look for a decent price.

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
You have a few choices with different price ranges. You could go to your dealer or look for a set of stock plastic on Ebay but it could be a little pricy.

If you want to go aftermarket give Steve at Tech Quad Shop a call, here is a link to his site..

http://techquadshop.com/joomla/index.php

Here is one set on ebay, its going cheap but I dont know what he is charging for shipping..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...004QQitemZ140252140107QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Here is a set of OEM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...010QQitemZ200241329880QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would paint if i thought it would help but they are scratched pretty bad. Thats why i just want to start with a clean slate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well how much do u sand down when u paint the plastic . . . i would like to maybe see some before and after pics and that might actually be a plausible solution to my problem. the scratches aren't really as bad as they originally seemed.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
here are mine that they did. hood and tank topper. they used new plastics not used 1s though. and i can tell u it looks way better in person. these are the only guys i would trust to paint my plastics

·
Registered
812 Posts
thanks yfm =)

as long as the scratches aren't gashes... should be fine. cmat's plastics were probably the worst i've seen as far as scratches and they were 2008 plastics! lol

it honesty looked like he drug the plastics upside down on a dirt road... i don't THINK i have a before picture... i'll see if cmat has any pictures that show them before we got them

here's the after:

·
Registered
332 Posts
of coruse its nice.....its B & N baby:banana:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Damn, you guys just saved me a lot of $. I was going to replace mine too, but now i think i'm gonna paint it!
Is there any special or recommended primer or pre-treatment method?

·
Registered
6 Posts
awesome job on that paint, id be afraid to ride it :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
what is the average cost to get a full set of plastic painted, i wouldnt want anything special, just cover up the scratches.

·
Registered
486 Posts
an average price for you to go by is 500. It could be more or less but this is a figure to go by. it all depends on what you want and how wild your imagination is. its all up to you big dog.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Damn, you guys just saved me a lot of $. I was going to replace mine too, but now i think i'm gonna paint it!
Is there any special or recommended primer or pre-treatment method?
we do a long process to make sure or help the cause of flexing. There are many ways to skin a cat. Some ppl say just to spray adhesive promoter and then base coat it. There is nothing gonna leave from B&N by this method. We arent out to charge ppl XXX amount of money and do it the cheapest way possible so we can make a profit on it. We clean then sand all bad scratches and gouges out use aluminum oxide to blast it then clean it some more. Now its time to do adhesive promoter then the black cat primer that is flexible at -25* in a 2inch radius with out cracking. After it has cured its time to sand again and get ready for the base coat.. then clear.. Then more sanding and more clear.. then sand and buff.. lots of processes involved and materials.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts