Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't keep the headgasket from blowing. After the first one blew using the supplied kit and torqueing 27lbs after 30 minutes breaking in at half throttle. Gasket blew at 3/4 hard throttle I looked at the Niche jug. It wasn't flat. The cylinder sat down just a hair below the rest of the jug. I thought this caused my first headgasket to go, so I got some 220/320 sand paper on a flat surface and after 30 minutes got the cylinder flat with rest of the jug. Then sanded surface of head to make sure it was flat too.
Resembled engine and rode for 20 minutes no problem till I started doing wide open throttle. Then the headgasket popped again. I am going to tear down again. I am so passed off.
The kit had thicker bolts than stock. I find it odd that everything works fine till I rev up the engine higher in the rpms and thats when the headgasket gives out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock settings are 27 lbs. I did 31.5 today hoping that works. I should be finished assembling tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs great. I doubled up the gasket under the jug to give the piston more clearance so it was no longer level with the top of the jug. I also torqued the headgasket bolts down to 31.5 lbs instead of 27 to give it more clamping force so the head wouldn't float. I think this was my problem on my last rebuild. I ran it for about an hour. No leaks and I could hit top of revs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts