Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I'm a new member but have gained good advice from here just by looking in the past.
I have a problem driving me insane.
Raptor 700 just died whilst riding.
The neutral light comes on at the key along with the headlights, engine cranks over. There are no other lights and no fuel pump priming
At first the dash lights would repeatedly come on an off but not stay on long enough for them to do their cycle on the dash, nor long enough for the fuel pump to prime.
Since I have been moving the relays at the back near the fuse box it's dead, doesn't even flicker on an off anymore. Neutral light and headlights are still working.
I have heard of the green/brown wire corrosion issue. Also I have seen a similar post on her where the wire to the reverse sensor was to blame.
Before I start buying loads of parts for a process of elimination I was hoping you guys might have similar experiences.
Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take the plug off the gas tank and jump 12 volts to the plug on tank to see if the fuel pump works. If it works, you have to check connection at plug or look at the relay in back. If it does not work it could be plug connection or pump. Try process of elimination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted it.
4 wires at the ECU plug had rubbed. One with was completely broken.
I soldered an shrink tubed them up an all is fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts