Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we tried 2 different times to fire the Ol Hotrod and the first attempt did not work so we went back in and re-adjusted(checked) valves they were good. And the second attempt was worse because when it BACKFIRED it broke the distributor..So Friday we will have a new $800 Mallory Distributor in it and then try again...

First Attempt
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p254/Temptations_revenge/?action=view&current=MOV02265.flv

Second Attempt.
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p254/Temptations_revenge/?action=view&current=MOV02269.flv

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Looks like she needs more timing. That thing is sweet. Have you ever had it running?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn what the hell happened? I got dial up so I cant watch the movie.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like she needs more timing. That thing is sweet. Have you ever had it running?
Well when she popped she broke the Distributor so We will have her all ready for Saturday..Yes we had in running, when we do i will get video

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
its not from back firing when they break, it is actually the engine stopping rotation and going backwards that breaks them. the engine will either stop suddenly or turn back about one revolution and it will snap em. i have seen it happen twice but only with and msd and a mallory dist not stock ones. sorry im tired and half drunk

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I did not get the video, but I got some goods for you to see.Got to the 150ft mark and the power went away and all kinda popping and flames came out and here is the damage....We are rebuilding at this point...It is all deformed at this point.

This is from the number 8 cyclinder.

This is from the number 1 cyclinder.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well her it is before we went to the Pulls....It still need some tweaking since we switched over to running Alcohol....Here is some pics and a Video of it running.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not shure how heavy the sled is but it is heavy, It does decent wheelies hooked to the sled as it is...LOL

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well here is first pull since alcohol was put on and the sled operator pulled the kill switch because he thought my pops was gonna hit the bank HE SAID...Yeah you judge it for yourself..Anyhow she is running lil better still needs some tweaking.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well we are starting to feel out the power and wrath of going to alcohol...We had some major issues tonite....Watch my pops head when it goes...He said man my neck hurts and I was like well watch this video... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I was just hustling to make sure my pops was OK. Because it could have been a tranny that busted and guys have broken ankles from them before..I was just hustling to check on him..No I have done it enuff I am not scared, but I respect the power and wildness of the sport.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts