Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im getting ready to change out the oil and change my oil filter for the first time. Where do you get your oil filter from? I have a friend who has dirt bikes and he says that he gets his oil filters from wally world. Does anyone else get theres from wally world or what? :cunfuz:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys. i didnt know if anyone used a specific brand or just one from the dealership. thanks again

·
Registered
92 Posts
I go with the K&N in anything i own, they've been doing there thing for years and I've had no problems. Never bought from Wal-mart though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
K&N oil filters get bad reviews. Hiflo-filtro and tusk are other options as well, i think the hiflo's are the best but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I use the Tusk filters or the Yamaha filter and haven't had a prob yet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is also the Scotts stainless unit, pricey, but you only buy it once.
I just ordered the scotts, it was $80 shipped, I believe in keeping my oil clean and it is an excellent filter. Take the time to visit the site and check it out.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I use the hi flo's too. The stealership I got my raptor at recommended them. Said they were good and are cheaper in price than the Yamaha ones.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I use a Fram #CH6004. If you have Advance Auto Parts in your area they should have them in stock, mine does, and they aren't pricey at all. I normally don't use Fram automotive filters, but since these aren't in a steel bucket I can see the filter and it looks as good as any other paper filter.

Some other part numbers are: Wix #24936 & Purolator ML16804, auto parts stores can order them.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I usually drop a few more dollars and get one from the Yamaha dealer..

+1 on that your dealer will surely be able to help you...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts