Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to add more performance without going in the engine. I like the reliability of my machine right now so i don't want to mess with it's heart yet. So what can i add i currently have

HMF full no S/A
prodesign intake
PCIII (bad map) need a new any one got this

·
Registered
413 Posts
do a cam and dynatek ignition.you will see good gains then id have it dyno tuned to get best map posible

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
413 Posts
when i think inside engine i think pulling the head off you can drop in a hot cam stage 2 pretty easy.other then that i gues you can do a dynatek

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what can be expected after a stage 2 is put in what kinda of wow effect and will it still be a trail bike

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
^^^PM sent^^^

A cam should net you 3 to 5 rwhp and is relatively simple to install as well as not to much cash, involved!

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea it will be a trail bike mine is same with cmat which is running 72 horse.as far as what you would feel is more mid and top end power and add a dynatek and you will be very pleased you did it trust me

·
Registered
133 Posts
Unless you are a stright line rider - Suspension

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where can i find such a cam? :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
tech quad shop. and guys arnt we forgetting about getting a throttle body bore.

·
Registered
413 Posts
o yea that is a EASY mod id recomend that for over 2 horsre for under 200

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your going to put a cam in, might as well put a piston in while you are inside the engine. Not hard to do and rappy is still reliable. I got a sweet deal from TQS for a HC Stage2, JE 11:1 piston and Cosmetic Gasket set. The cam will rob from the low end and give the power to mid-high end...perfect IMHO.

Before this, I had never installed a piston or cam in anything. Just followed the instructions and all went fine. Easy mods and you get to know your bike a little better.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
a cam install does not make u take the head off. installing a piston is way more work than cam. a cam is great for the top end. once installing it your top end power will be much much better. and u will gain about 3 peak hp

·
Registered
413 Posts
when people say you will loose bottom end power.i would day you may loose some BUT the rappy has plenty of power down low anyways so wont notice it really

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when people say you will loose bottom end power.i would day you may loose some BUT the rappy has plenty of power down low anyways so wont notice it really
oh ok b/c i was like damn no wheelies

·
Registered
413 Posts
trust me you will still be able to wheelie no problem

1 - 20 of 41 Posts