Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:The other day I sunk my raptor at a local riding spot. It didn't go completely under ,just from the rear fenders to about halfway up the airbox(no lid :thumbsdown:).I killed it before any water went in through the carbs but when it died it sucked alot of water up the tailpipe and hydrolocked the motor. So far I've spayed WD-40 down the cylinder and put a little bit of marvel mystery oil down there, drained and flushed the oil 3 times with new filter each time(just a little bit of water in the oil the first time I drained it), cleaned and re-packed the exhaust , drained the antifreeze, replaced the waterpump seals and bearing(needed to be done anyway)and cleaned the carbs just in case.

Was wondering if I needed to do anything else?

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
ya I would have changed the oil and made sure there was no water in the cylender then ran her. you might want to go through with a hair dryer and hit all of the electrical connectors with that to dry them out so they don't corrode.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya I would have changed the oil and made sure there was no water in the cylender then ran her. you might want to go through with a hair dryer and hit all of the electrical connectors with that to dry them out so they don't corrode.
I ran her for about 15 to 20 min each oil change and spayed all the connections with electrical cleaner and put them back together with dielectric grease.:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it all back together and it runs great. ready to sling some dirt now. thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts