Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people on here ride at the Oregon Dunes, like Horsefall or Winchester??

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just got back from windy bay.Avoided dunefest tooo many people.Caught the last hour of the vendors and scored some BLING for a dammmm good price.Going back on the 10th after my girl and 2 grand kids head back to alaska.Like to ride out of Bull run, Hit box car when it slows down.:thumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
We go to florence mostly, coos and windy sometimes. Will do a day trip (7 hours of driving :thumbsdown: so not very often) or weekend trip to sandlake sometimes though

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just got back from Dunefest and had a blast! Ride Florence mostly, but I like Horsfall and spinreel, not a huge fan of windy bay

·
Registered
198 Posts
Florence mostly. Sand Lake once and Winchester once.

·
Asshole
3,161 Posts
Florence and Winchester Bay... Heaven on earth. There as often as possible, though wasn't hardly at all this year... I'll be retiring there - who's with me ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was born and raised in Florence, started riding the dunes when there was one dirt parking area that would hold maybe 10 pickups, a lot has changed but it is still as much fun as ever. We ride Windy Bay and Spinreel a lot too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
How is Florence in April, weather wise? There is a group of people that want to head down then, I'm thinking of going too.

·
Asshole
3,161 Posts
Hit or miss. March is a bear everytime I've been and April you usually get like what ? a 1-2 week window of pretty good riding I think ? If you only get the one trip in, I'd try and wait until later April-May, when the sand starts drying out and the wind can move it a bit to cover the tracks. It can get pretty rutted up without a little help from mother nature sometimes... I say Hell yeah ! Usually try to get my first coast trip in around April :thumb:

·
Registered
432 Posts
We do an annual week vacation at Coos Bay in mid May. Day trip it up to Winchester. Weather is pretty nice and warm with only the occasional sprinkle during the week. Sand is great. I love riding the dunes, wish it was closer.

·
Asshole
3,161 Posts
Not worth makin a trip to Bigbull. If you're lookin Dunes worth riding - OR is the ticket. Moses Lake in Eastern Wa has some sand, don't know if it's considered dunes or not :lol: Never been personally. Where are you at ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
SegKast, I live in Toledo wich is about 1hour away from Florence, if you make it down this summer be sure to let me know and we will hit the dunes . We are going down tomorrow for a day trip.

·
Asshole
3,161 Posts
SegKast, I live in Toledo wich is about 1hour away from Florence, if you make it down this summer be sure to let me know and we will hit the dunes . We are going down tomorrow for a day trip.
Hell yeah, I'll be postin up when I head down :rockit:

Try to get a few trips in spring-fall, but been hard last couple of years. Gonna try and make ths one count. :banana:

Yeah, if you're that close to Florence, then don't even think about comin up here for sand, nothing even remotely close to what you've got. You guys are LUCKY where you're at.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is good to know, we went down today and gas is so much cheaper now that I will make a few more spur of the moment trips this winter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
we ride at florence most of the time, hoping to make it there or to coos bay in the next few weeks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts