Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Flint Michigan Sloan Museum they have a "Rides and Rebels" exhibit to showcase local racers and their rides. We met up with Tim Barker of Barker's Performance to check it out today. Here are some pictures of our visit, I am sure Tim will post up more info about it, he knew alot of the bikes there and their history. It was a pretty cool exhibit.

Here is my son trying out the hands on kids motorcycle.

Some old scooters and motorcycles.

A pretty cool exhibit of an actual race bike.

Random pic of some bikes.

More bikes.

And more bikes.

This bike has a land speed record Tim will explain..

Some of Tim's leathers

Some random parts off of Tim's bikes and best of all some Raptor pipes!

The red bike is a similar bike to what Tim raced.

Finally a few random bikes, on the first one notice it made from random crap, from a gravy boat to chandeliers.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
the Buell Blast is owned by a customer of mine. I helped him build it for Bonneville. He holds a few different land speed records with it. It is 350cc pushrod engine for the class he runs it in. Without the sidecar on, it runs 103 on the salt and on the eastcoast timing associations track at Maxton it runs 110.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Indian larry now that is a name that gets around. The yellow Ducati i raced a few times for the guy that owned it. The #47 bike is a 250 Aprilia for the race track. Suzuki actually made the engine for these (rgv250). The red 47 is a spondon framed KTM. The engine cyl and cases on the bench are the predecessor to the raptors (tt500 yamaha).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts