Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put the PCIII on my raptor 700!!! But for some reason it doesn't have the throttle response as it did with the DMC EFI controller. Can someone tell me what I need to do:think:? I bought it from feulmoto so it suppose to be mapped just right!

08 Raptor 700
DMC dual exhaust
PCIII
K&N filter mod
EHS racing air box cover
Renthal 15t front sprocket

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
there is a lot of things that need to be set right....did u adjust the tps input with a laptop or just put it on right out of the box..... there is also a ACCALERATOR PUMP feature that can be enabled......The pc3 needs tuning to get the most out of her

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a lot of things that need to be set right....did u adjust the tps input with a laptop or just put it on right out of the box..... there is also a ACCALERATOR PUMP feature that can be enabled......The pc3 needs tuning to get the most out of her
I just put it on out of the box! I thought it was adjusted just right! Well, I know what I need to do now. Thanks!

08 Raptor 700
DMC dual exhaust
PCIII
K&N filter
EHS racing air box cover

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Ask around there might be a member with the same mods and a good map. its worth a try.. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
Your problem could be a few different things. You may want to reset the TPS and that can be done with a laptop while plugged into the PCIII. Re-check all of your connections. Are you sure you are wired in correctly? Also like wreckless said, somebody should have another map that is proven. You may try and load up one of those and give it a go... What does your plug color look like?

You may find your map right here::

http://www.pciii.bob2bob.com/

·
Registered
486 Posts
can someone explain the accelorator pump thing. This is the first or 2nd time ive heard about it but know nothing about it. What does it do? what does it help? how do i change it? is it better to enable it with certain mods moreso than others?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your problem could be a few different things. You may want to reset the TPS and that can be done with a laptop while plugged into the PCIII. Re-check all of your connections. Are you sure you are wired in correctly? Also like wreckless said, somebody should have another map that is proven. You may try and load up one of those and give it a go... What does your plug color look like?

You may find your map right here::

http://www.pciii.bob2bob.com/
Thanks alot!! I believe that I am wired in correctly!! I did follow all directions on installing. I even tripled check behind myself to make sure!!

08 Raptor 700
DMC dual exhaust
PCIII
K&N filter mod
EHS racing air box cover

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
can someone explain the accelorator pump thing. This is the first or 2nd time ive heard about it but know nothing about it. What does it do? what does it help? how do i change it? is it better to enable it with certain mods moreso than others?
i will be doing some rideability testing, and experimenting here shortly with the accelerator pump setting.....This feature is there to control how much additional fuel is added when u crack the throttle or stab it coming out of a turn.....this is how u would tune out a flat spot off idle or a burble or hesitation....just like changing the accelerator pump on a car carb.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I am glad someone is going to figure that damn thing out. When I was at the dyno we got it perfect and forgot about that feature. Turned it on at the end and it went pig rich. It did not make any sense..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts