Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have a +2 or +4 swing arm i'd like to see pics, and your likes and dislikes.

i mostly trail ride and i'm wondering if a +2 or +4 would hinder me any on the trails?

and also i love to ride wheelies. i know making the wheel base longer will limit my wheelie ability but by how much?

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
I would go +2 if you still ride tight trails. Check out JD Performance, our site sponsor. He makes some nice stuff. I am getting ready to get a +2 from him myself..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used the stock shock and linkage just needed a longer chain and Lance @ SLC provided the longer brake line and chain guide. The swingarm is way cool, I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you have a +2 or +4 swing arm i'd like to see pics, and your likes and dislikes.

i mostly trail ride and i'm wondering if a +2 or +4 would hinder me any on the trails?

and also i love to ride wheelies. i know making the wheel base longer will limit my wheelie ability but by how much?
If you just trail ride and fun ride then +2 will probably be enough. I am assuming you mean +1 on each side = +2? If not then the +4 are really for race set ups only and yes would be an issue on some tight trails. I run +4 on mine but I race desert offroad so I have to have the stability and travel. Good luck...by the way I run I - Shock's setup for suspension...very nice set up whether you race or not.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Actually, he's talking about the swingarm, not the a-arms.

But I have heard very good things about the i-shock a-arm kits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ride all trails with some hard pack dragging every now and then. I am currently working out the details to get a custom stocker extended to a +4. When it is all done I will post up pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts