Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
So if you sell your HMF and buy a set of Barkers/Monsters with a build like yours you will gain 3.76hp
How much difference is the addtional weight going to effect things? It would cost me $500 and 7lbs of addtional weight to get Barkers.
I currently have a full HMF.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
How much difference is the addtional weight going to effect things? It would cost me $500 and 7lbs of addtional weight to get Barkers.
I currently have a full HMF.

i will let you know the answer to this question next week Barkers should be here :thumb::banana:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Awesome work once again DL ! :thumb::thumb: It's even closer than I expected so I personally don't see the advantage of the duals. I will keep my HMF single and would buy one again. I rarely run above 6,000 rpm so I don't need the power in that range anyway.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
got the xx6 sparks pipe here finally....stay tuned tomorrow for more results...
i will run the sparks xx6 vs the barkers

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Im sure with a big motor The Drag pipes will shine big time, I think motor of this size requires some back pressure and the drag pipes provide NONE :lol:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I still say my wood pipe would smoke all of them :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
time to get duals coop!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I bet tcarter is glad he has Barker's on the way and not DMC's...
Why is that? :cunfuz:
The DMC's have not been tested in this shootout yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im sure with a big motor The Drag pipes will shine big time, I think motor of this size requires some back pressure and the drag pipes provide NONE :lol:
Lotuseater tested those exact same pipes on a high strung 804 against a set of Monster OOF drags and the results were identical, my pipes were roughly 1.5 HP and 1 lb/ft TQ down. I'm building him a slightly larger set to try but I suspect the results will be similar, the reverse megaphone on the Barkers and Monsters might be the difference instead of the pipe diameter. At 1/4 the weight and less than 1/2 the cost though, I'm very happy with how my Raptor 700 pipes performed.

Great test and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to participate. :thumb:

I'd also like to give props to Tim Barker. He's a good friend, has helped me a lot, and this test proves once again that he's the master. :hail:

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Remember these results will vary from BUILD TO BUILD....

and as for me... I couldn't make it to help out DL for the test.... I was planning on it.... but everything possible went wrong for me on saturday.... the only thing I was able to do was deliver the Sparks XX6 saturday night.... (supposed to be at DL's by 12)

But big props to Quadracers/Tom and Mmad/Geoff for helping out with the BIG single pipe :thumb:

21 - 40 of 214 Posts