Modded Raptors Forum banner

61 - 80 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
When you factor in weight and cost it's really up in the air. I cant wait to hear Toms Bike with the XX6 with the larger can :thumb:

Great stuff DL :beerchug: Thanks again.

·
Registered
694 Posts
On this particular bike that weighs approx. 400 lbs divided by the 65 hp that it made, every hp is equal to 6.15 lbs on this bike.
In the FSA drag racing series there are 300 lb bikes that make 95 hp. Every hp is equal to 3.16 lbs on a machine like this, so it varies based on weight and hp.
I quoted you in the original thread....You said if they(duals) made more power with all factors considered you would have them on your bike.

Its good to see what you meant by that :thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
True but the map on the Sparks is leaner in that area than the Barkers so is it the pipe making the difference in power or the tune?
its leaner cus it FLOWS MORE AIR at that rpm with the same map ..more air = more power... if the map is above 13:1 it wont affect power in my experience... tuning adjustments were only made above 6k rpm otherwise id still be doing the tests :lol:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
its leaner cus it FLOWS MORE AIR at that rpm with the same map ..more air = more power... if the map is above 13:1 it wont affect power in my experience... tuning adjustments were only made above 6k rpm otherwise id still be doing the tests :lol:
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: Excuses Excuses :nono:

:Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
the sparks xx6 ran the same from 12.8 up to 13.5 a/f.....

all my findings were unbias and as consistent as possible...
4-5 runs per pipe... if retuning was needed then an additional 2-3 runs were done....
I do not currently sell any of these pipes nor do i work directly with any of them.....
i run Barkers on my personal bike due to getting a wicked good deal on them used...thanks TROY!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Where are costs posted?
Im basing that on the "general" internet prices we see.

Roughly $700-800 for Duals, $400-$600 Singles and I thought you had said a price somewhere in one of the threads but I cant find it, I thought it was in the 300-400 price range. Let everyone know.

·
Registered
193 Posts
How can you tell the difference between the X6 and XX6? Reason I ask is because my can look like the XX6 but the wifes looks like preddy's.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That looks like either the Regular 2" Sparks pipe or the Large core like Preddys.

The XX6 - Is a 2.5" pipe with a much shorter can(around 11") :thumb:

·
Registered
704 Posts
so the xx6 had the highest peak tq it looks like. I wish my barkers were in frame, i would put them on my sisters bike instead of the big core sparks... :(

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I can't wait to see what the DMC duals do.

Now when I look at the charts the Sparks look better to me then the barkers because lower RPMs to approx 5k has better Hp and Tq. I spend most of my day in the lower RPM for trail riding.

·
Registered
694 Posts
And just to clarify because their has been a bunch of confusion. The pictures that rapFam is sharing is the Big Core and the bigger XX6 BUT RapFams has a larger can on it than the one DL700 tested. SAME pipe diffrent can :thumb:

I guess we can call that the XX6 - RapFam special edition :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im basing that on the "general" internet prices we see.

Roughly $700-800 for Duals, $400-$600 Singles and I thought you had said a price somewhere in one of the threads but I cant find it, I thought it was in the 300-400 price range. Let everyone know.
$299

:Hilarious:

61 - 80 of 214 Posts